British Speedway Forum

Cardiff 24

The link in the SGP email took me straight to the Ticketmaster site where the earlybird discount was available. Following the 'technical' hiccup last year with Seetickets where the E-tickets disappeared it seemed quite straightforward to purchase. The only small issue was you needed a Ticketmaster account but even that was easy to set up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/21/2023 at 10:43 AM, Mau said:

This year with the GP being in August all the hotels, Airbnbs, etc are all even  more exorbitantly priced than ever. I think it may well affect the attendance. 

Costing less for our return flights to Poland plus 4 nights accommodation  for the Torun GP than it does for the  majority of  2 night stays in  Cardiff on the GP weekend .

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Well, 5 weeks tomorrow and no signs of the tickets yet. First time I've used Ticketmaster for an event so I'm not sure when they normally release tickets. Does anyone know?

11 hours ago, erniew said:

Well, 5 weeks tomorrow and no signs of the tickets yet. First time I've used Ticketmaster for an event so I'm not sure when they normally release tickets. Does anyone know?

I used Ticketmaster for Cardiff a few yrs back and tickets didn't land on my doormat till a couple of wks b4 the event 

11 hours ago, erniew said:

Probably waiting to see if everybody has to be "upgraded" to sit in the middle tier. 

Edited by iainb

11 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Is Cardiff still happening? barely a mention of it anywhere, no publicity nothing, since discovery have took over it’s like it become an after thought  

We do have the Sprint on the Friday afternoon which 3000 fans(max) will pack the place to enjoy the ‘ spectacle’

18 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

We do have the Sprint on the Friday afternoon which 3000 fans(max) will pack the place to enjoy the ‘ spectacle’

... with their programmes 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kevin bass said:

I used Ticketmaster for Cardiff a few yrs back and tickets didn't land on my doormat till a couple of wks b4 the event 

All digital tickets this year, apparently they load on your phone a couple of days before the event 

13 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Didn’t watch the last one in Warsaw so can’t see me bothering with this one either, don’t think I will going Cardiff again this year and for for me is the problem, if the pinnacle of the sport in this country can’t attract me to attend then how does it hope to attract anyone else, I am a through and through speedway fan, I live the sport I am the sport and would rather go and watch a championship or premiership meeting, Cardiff should be a blast but it just isn’t anymore and discovery seem so out of touch that I can’t see it changing, the sprint thing is just pathetic as a spectacle 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 6

I see a lot of negativity about the attendance for Cardiff but I think the crowd will be much better this year due to last year being a really good meeting, attendances were well down last year due to to the previous year being dire.  Fan zone wasn't great last year either and hope it is better this year.

• Like 1