British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue Colts 2024

Don’t worry folks, your team is sorted as Lemon has just dumped one rider saying he can no longer can fit him in …..well why did he sign him in the first place ? especially as he had turned down two other teams and now hasn’t got a place !

Great way to treat the kids.

No wonder the sport is in such a mess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Don’t worry folks, your team is sorted as Lemon has just dumped one rider saying he can no longer can fit him in …..well why did he sign him in the first place ? especially as he had turned down two other teams and now hasn’t got a place !

Great way to treat the kids.

No wonder the sport is in such a mess.

Think you will have some good news shortly but your right, it’s not the way to treat kids.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sargent10 said:

If you know so much about the team why don’t you divulge, pure facts not speculation???

Just because you are not in the know doesn’t mean I have to tell you. I know because I assist the rider concerned . I’m not naming names as that is upto the club press office to do or the rider and it isn’t my club so they can do things the way they see fit.

The rider concerned has now got another team so it’s all good now .

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KK62 said:

Just because you are not in the know doesn’t mean I have to tell you. I know because I assist the rider concerned . I’m not naming names as that is upto the club press office to do or the rider and it isn’t my club so they can do things the way they see fit.

The rider concerned has now got another team so it’s all good now .

All's well that ends well

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Terrible season last year, so naturally a very potent reserve if he can rediscover some of his previous form.

But will he be a reserve?    Knowing that McGurk is a potential 7.00+ rider at the NSS they could put him in the top 5 with a powerful top end

Sam Hagon   8.24
Max Perry   7.75
Freddy Hodder   6.44
Joe Alcock   4.36
Harry McGurk   3.00
Kean Dicken   3.00
Sonny Springer   3.00

13 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

But will he be a reserve?    Knowing that McGurk is a potential 7.00+ rider at the NSS they could put him in the top 5 with a powerful top end

Sam Hagon   8.24
Max Perry   7.75
Freddy Hodder   6.44
Joe Alcock   4.36
Harry McGurk   3.00
Kean Dicken   3.00
Sonny Springer   3.00

He would need to be at reserve his confidence is shot he barely scored at reserve last season. Hopefully he can get himself bk to the 7+ rider he can be.

3 minutes ago, mc131 said:

He would need to be at reserve his confidence is shot he barely scored at reserve last season. Hopefully he can get himself bk to the 7+ rider he can be.

Looking at it again, they could run with that strong top end, carry Dicken in the top 5, and have McGurk as a potential trump card at reserve.  If McGurk returns to his NSS form a top 4 of Hagon, Perry, McGurk, Hodder would be very potent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Sam Hagon   8.24
Max Perry   7.75
Freddy Hodder   6.44
Joe Alcock   4.36
Harry McGurk   3.00
Kean Dicken   3.00
Sonny Springer   3.00

I'd put him at reserve in that team, put the weakest 3.00 rider at 2. Sounds harsh, but helps them win.

• Like 2

Im assuming that Dicken is doing a lot of laps in the Northern amateur meetings and looking impressive as otherwise i just don't get where his name has appeared in so many potential line ups? The last i heard is that Alcock had fallen out of love with the sport and was finished with it.....but things often quickly change. 

Only in speedway can riders like H.McGurk & Crang have appalling seasons and then become sought after signings the following year.

• Like 1