British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh Monarchs Academy 2024

szkocjasid

5 hours ago, MillenTheVillen said:

Watson has a contract signed according to his page so that is 99% probably Edinburgh as Redcar and Scunny are holding trials for their last spots.

Genuine trials or a good way to boost practice day sales? Uncle Len used to say that year on year at Rye House but the team had been signed up months before

13 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Genuine trials or a good way to boost practice day sales? Uncle Len used to say that year on year at Rye House but the team had been signed up months before

scunny dont need to boost numbers for early season practice as its always full so thats put that to bed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Why on earth is Dayle even in contention,  the league has been focused on developing British talent rather than giving places to a never been Aussie 

Because the rules make it easier to sign a 29 year old Aussie, than a 16 year old Brit (Max Perry).

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Because the rules make it easier to sign a 29 year old Aussie, than a 16 year old Brit (Max Perry).

Thing is whether it's right or wrong Dayle is a British passport holder so meets the criteria as does max . Each each team's prerogative on how they build to the points limit.

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Are we looking at

Connor Coles    7.79
Tom Woolley    6.64
Sam McGurk    6.08
Dayle Wood    4.50
Mason Watson    3.93
Mark Parker    3.00
Kyren Lyden    3.00

Looks realistic enough for an Armadale side...

On 1/5/2024 at 8:14 AM, szkocjasid said:

Doesn't fit with Dayle Wood in the side.

I couldn't think of obvious "second strings" so thought Perry and another "reserve" could be the way to go.

Have not read anywhere if Dayle Wood is returning this year.  Assuming he is not, the latter would look feasible i.e. Perry & Watson leaving 4.45 points to make up the total.

On 1/8/2024 at 8:07 PM, PotteringAround said:

Are we looking at

Connor Coles    7.79
Tom Woolley    6.64
Sam McGurk    6.08
Dayle Wood    4.50
Mason Watson    3.93
Mark Parker    3.00
Kyren Lyden    3.00

Looking like a side that will finish bottom. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

But does it matter in a development league who's top and who's bottom if the riders in it develop. I for one could give a monkeys

Maybe not to you but the riders that are getting beat week in week out I'd probably say it does. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

But does it matter in a development league who's top and who's bottom if the riders in it develop. I for one could give a monkeys

Good because Sheffthorpe won't win it either :D

21 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Maybe not to you but the riders that are getting beat week in week out I'd probably say it does. 

A lot can be learnt by getting beat, but getting hammered home and away is going to do little for some riders reputations and poor management selections can actually prematurely finish careers.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mc131 said:

But surely they know their standard?

Their expectations must be pretty low to begin with...

It will be more hope than expectation for many NDL lads given many are either starting out or have been around for years at the same "bottum rung" level...

Based on how many develop to a higher level, it will be a minority who will be seeing the NDL as an aspirational opportunity to progress, 

Either way, whatever your expectations and ambition,  the NDL gives riders a chance to ride a bike for a living sometime in the future if they are good enough to do so in the next few years..

Many followers dont take the top two divisions too seriously given the UK operating model, so the winners of the NDL won't resonate with too many...

"Winning"would be getting more riders into Div 2 as a start..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Good because Sheffthorpe won't win it either :D

A lot can be learnt by getting beat, but getting hammered home and away is going to do little for some riders reputations and poor management selections can actually prematurely finish careers.

never said they would. but like i said if my rider is a better rider at the end than the beginning its a win all day long

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

My bigger concern would be that there is very little in the Edinburgh side to challenge Luke

Don't agree the team above if that's the team they go with have a top 3 who are all as good if not better than him. Also feel it's about individual match ups so riders like senna summers , Ashton vale, Sonny springer , Mark Parker and stene Pijper progress against each other amd measure there success against themselves rather how they do against the big hitter in The teams