Tom Woolley 6.64
Greg Blair 6.33
Matt Marson 5.86
Alex Spooner 5.07
Dayle Wood 4.50
Mickie Simpson 4.23
Kyren Lyden 3.00
Total 35.63

I get numbers and connections but Simpson apart there is nothing about that side that backs the 'ethos' of the development leagues that the top brass have been harping on about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I get numbers and connections but Simpson apart there is nothing about that side that backs the 'ethos' of the development leagues that the top brass have been harping on about.

That's because they've lazily only chosen averages to "maintain the ethos" of the league. It's gonna be easier for a journeyman 40 year old 6 point rider to get a team spot than a 16 year old 7.5 rider in his second season for example!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Sam McGurk first signing 

A decent signing for Edinburgh (for the away meetings at least) but his NDL record at Armadale to date isn't great.     13 rides, 8+2 points for an average of 2.46

Thought he might have been at Scunthorpe/Sheffield or Belle Vue as they are tracks he rides well.  But good luck to him if he's trying to progress by mastering a track he doesn't ride well.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this will be the team, more playing around with the numbers to see what fits. But swapping King for Mark Parker (3.00), could be more realistic. Also someone may refresh my memory, but did Josh Embleton leave Edinburgh due to work commitments?

Edinburgh  
Connor Coles 7.79
Max Perry 7.75
Sam McGurk 6.08
Dayle Wood 4.50
Josh Embleton 3.47
Connor King 3.39
Kyren Lyden 3.00
Total 35.98

55 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think this will be the team, more playing around with the numbers to see what fits. But swapping King for Mark Parker (3.00), could be more realistic. Also someone may refresh my memory, but did Josh Embleton leave Edinburgh due to work commitments?

Edinburgh  
Connor Coles 7.79
Max Perry 7.75
Sam McGurk 6.08
Dayle Wood 4.50
Josh Embleton 3.47
Connor King 3.39
Kyren Lyden 3.00
Total 35.98

Think Coles and mcgurk will be the one and five. Parker will probably parter Lyden at reserve. Gutted mickie isn’t back but makes sense for him to move there less travelling.

11 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Think Coles and mcgurk will be the one and five. Parker will probably parter Lyden at reserve. Gutted mickie isn’t back but makes sense for him to move there less travelling.

If Coles and McGurk are the top two, and Parker partners Lyden at reserve, with Wood also in the middle order, who do you think will be the remaining 2 riders to take up the 11.63 which is left?

9 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

If Coles and McGurk are the top two, and Parker partners Lyden at reserve, with Wood also in the middle order, who do you think will be the remaining 2 riders to take up the 11.63 which is left?

Max Perry and Mason Watson would fit?

10 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

1 hour ago, MillenTheVillen said:

Max Perry and Mason Watson would fit?

Doesn't fit with Dayle Wood in the side.

I couldn't think of obvious "second strings" so thought Perry and another "reserve" could be the way to go.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Doesn't fit with Dayle Wood in the side.

I couldn't think of obvious "second strings" so thought Perry and another "reserve" could be the way to go.

Watson has a contract signed according to his page so that is 99% probably Edinburgh as Redcar and Scunny are holding trials for their last spots.