British Speedway Forum

Redcar 24

szkocjasid

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Are Middlesbrough ever going to announce their final rider? It looks set to be a reserve so why not just give it to Alex or Katie?

I'm guessing they're waiting for a pre-season practice showdown between a few prospects for the last spot?

4 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Are Middlesbrough ever going to announce their final rider? It looks set to be a reserve so why not just give it to Alex or Katie?

As theres ages before the first fixture there is no rush , maybe someone is coming out of retirement? Having an old average reassessed ? Having a new average reassessed to fit him in ? ( like Edinburgh ) .

Edward Davison was head and shoulders above Gordon last season and was lined up for Belle Vue so someone rates him .Goldsbrough not having ridden since he broke a wrist early season and wasn't seen again although he is a club asset, unlike Davison or Gordon.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

it does look a fairly weak team to me at the moment 

It’s a development league with only 5 home matches, it isn’t about winning it’s about finding some new riders before the sport disappears altogether.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ch958 said:

what do you think Dave?

I would suggest Dave doesn't know and neither do I as this lad hasnt been on a 500 before the last few weeks but someone obviously rates him as they have selected him before several other candidates including Katie Gordon and local prospects Goldsbrough and Davison.

• Like 1