British Speedway Forum

2024 Premiership Predictions

On 1/20/2024 at 10:48 PM, PotteringAround said:

1.  IPSWICH  -   Massive top 2.   King on the wane but still a competent 3rd heat-leader.  If Ellis can regain form they will walk the league.  Rew will improve and reserves are competent.

2.  BELLE VUE - 5 riders returning, and only Kurtz can't push his average higher.  Cook potentially stronger than Wright, but Mountain a big downgrade on Brennan.  Considering they had to shed a lot of points, they've done OK.

3.  LEICESTER -  Fricke a genuine No.1, and Masters, Lawson, Becker, Douglas all heat leaders.   Only the reserves are weak.

4.  SHEFFIELD - Two quality GP riders in Woffinden and Holder jr.  (One on the way down and one on the way up).  Holder snr could be the weak link.  Howarth is OK and Pickering can improve.  Reserves a little suspect.

5.  OXFORD - Can Janowski be a genuine No.1?  I think so.  Solid back-up 2-5, even if they're all a little past their best, they can all still perform.  Should have a good reserve.

6.  KING'S LYNN -  I rate Musielak.  Basso and Tarasenko have a lot of potential.  NKI and Palm-Toft will need to perform for Lynn to reach play-offs.  Will have a strong reserve always.

7.  BIRMINGHAM -  I just hope they can pull off two top signings to at least make them competitive at home.   We don't need a team to be cannon fodder and fold.

Apart from the Ipswich injuries pushing them off the top, I don't think I was too far out with the predicted finishing order

On 2/19/2024 at 6:52 PM, spin king said:

I do think it matters who finishes top.

For me the main thing is that you finish in the top 4 to reach the Play Offs.

So the top 4 to finish in the Play Offs for me will be in no particular order.

Bell Vue

Ipswich

Leicester

Sheffield

The winner of the Play Off will be the team that books Bomber Harris as a Guest for the Play Offs.

I got the top 4 correct ( I did say in no particular order)

The Bomber statement incorrect though.

On 3/2/2024 at 10:38 AM, The Cheese said:

Interesting that several people here have Leicester as one of the favourites but bet365 have them at the same odds as Birmingham!

Sheffield 6/4

Ipswich 7/2

Belle Vue 4/1

King's Lynn 13/2

Oxford 8/1

Birmingham 14/1

Leicester 14/1

Anyone put any money on Leicester at 14/1?

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Why on earth would you cash out at 5/1, when you can currently back Belle Vue at 5/4 instead?

Only logic would be if  you never had any  money to do so 

Edited by orion
  • Like 1