The strongest top 3 Belle Vue

The strongest top 4 Sheffield

The strongest top 5 Sheffield

The strongest reserve pairing Birmingham

King’s Lynn have the strongest reserve pairing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/20/2024 at 8:01 AM, Teromaafan said:

I think your top four is about right. Finishing top isn’t as important as it was a few seasons ago when that team had choice of semi final opponents. It is quite possible that the team finishing fourth is the in form team at the time. Why on earth did they change that rule? I thought it was one of the best rules of the sport.

I think it was changed due to a situation a couple of years ago. From memory the top 2 teams in the league agreed to race each other (Peterborough & Wolves?) regardless of whoever finished top, maybe due to stadium availability? So for thier last league fixtures, it would have been harder to entice people in as they've admitted there's no difference between 1st & 2nd.

Edited by szkocjasid

On 2/22/2024 at 11:18 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Doyle has made Foxhall his fortress. He drops very few points here and when he does, you can see his anger at dropping those points. Think he had the best home average comfortably in the league last year. He’ll again hit many home maximums. 

Doyle is one rider who gives his all for his league racing which is why he has been top Aussie for many a season.

There isn’t another Aussie in league racing that is as committed to UK racing or as good at league level. Holder (Jack) and Fricke will probably finish with a lower 2024 average again. 

• Like 2

Have said it before, Doyle gets unfair stick. He has given the UK and world speedway nothing but 100 percent since he made his debt in Europe. He raced for Newport in 2011, had a knackered shoulder all season but still give nothing but 100 percent and put off getting surgery until after we had secured the KO cup trophy.

Can be a little reckless on track but thats through over trying more than anything else. A brilliant rider and will be hugely missed once he retires. But I reckon thats still a while away and he will almost certainly be in the top 3 averages come the end of the season.

• Like 7

On 2/23/2024 at 3:51 PM, proud panther said:

Looks more even than past seasons, think Lynn will be the surprise package, & make play offs.

I agree with that. They could be very impressive if they click and may surprise a few with their overall strength. Leaving aside negative thoughts by many on Buster Chapman, or positive come to that. Lynn are long overdue a top flight title win , good luck to them, don't think thev'e ever won one in their 60 years history at Saddlebow Row ? . It would be good for the sport. i hope with a decent and successful Premiership season more clubs can come up and hopefully make 10 in the league in 2025.  If the top league in good shape and thriving the sport can rebuild in popularity, leagues below can get on the back of that. 

Wouldn't it be a boost to get Coventry back for starters in next couple of seasons.

Edited by Goldhawk

On 2/22/2024 at 6:20 PM, spin king said:

In my opinion.

At this point Ipswich have collectively the strongest top 2,

The strongest top 3 Belle Vue

The strongest top 4 Sheffield

The strongest top 5 Sheffield

The strongest reserve pairing Birmingham

May be to start the season..? 

As soon as the first set of GS ave's come out, then Lampart and Cook will most likely change places....not that it makes much difference.

Why are so many people negative towards Victor Lampart? (It's not just on this post).

Now I know that just because a rider races on the top flight in Poland he won't automatically get to grips with British tracks, but that doesn't mean he can't?

I mean who was the last Polish / Eastern European newcomer who was a disappointment? There's not been many recently, maybe Laguta - but he wasn't exactly awful, just didn't race like a former world champion.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Why are so many people negative towards Victor Lampart? (It's not just on this post).

Now I know that just because a rider races on the top flight in Poland he won't automatically get to grips with British tracks, but that doesn't mean he can't?

I mean who was the last Polish / Eastern European newcomer who was a disappointment? There's not been many recently, maybe Laguta - but he wasn't exactly awful, just didn't race like a former world champion.

Adam Skornicki springs to mind when he came to Wolves we all said WHO.But he became one of the best poles to ride in this country.

14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure if you're insinuating that my questions/predictions about Lampart are negative towards him or not?

I was merely asking the person that signed him if he thinks that 'he'(Lampart) will achieve his assessed 6 average?

If the answer is no...then why sign him in the first place?

Points to poor/inept team building....that would be my 'negativity' angle!

23 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Interesting that several people here have Leicester as one of the favourites but bet365 have them at the same odds as Birmingham!

Sheffield 6/4

Ipswich 7/2

Belle Vue 4/1

King's Lynn 13/2

Oxford 8/1

Birmingham 14/1

Leicester 14/1

Fans are not taking the reserves into consideration.

If Kemp doesn't score well then Leicester lose because JT is out of his depth.

Kemp couldn't handle the No.6 role at Wolves a couple of season's ago so it's something to make a note of imo.

2 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Interesting that several people here have Leicester as one of the favourites but bet365 have them at the same odds as Birmingham!

Sheffield 6/4

Ipswich 7/2

Belle Vue 4/1

King's Lynn 13/2

Oxford 8/1

Birmingham 14/1

Leicester 14/1

I've got them sixth in my prediction. Reserves just don't look strong enough compared to others.

On 2/29/2024 at 5:57 PM, szkocjasid said:

Would of helped if he had been at number 6 ..They had the points to play with ..They should have signed the top 2 first ...

2 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Would of helped if he had been at number 6 ..They had the points to play with ..They should have signed the top 2 first ...

I suspect he will indeed be at No6 after the first set of averages, i suspect Birmingham prefer Cook to be at reserve to begin the season.

On 3/2/2024 at 11:04 AM, TTT said:

Fans are not taking the reserves into consideration.

If Kemp doesn't score well then Leicester lose because JT is out of his depth.

Kemp couldn't handle the No.6 role at Wolves a couple of season's ago so it's something to make a note of imo.

I wouldn't say I've personally overlooked Leicester's reserves when ranking them, maybe more I feel the top 5 is strong enough to cover for them?

There's no doubt that this is the Lions weak point. While Mountain & Jenkins are similar to Kemp in standard, stepping up to number 6, both Belle Vue (Bailey) and Ipswich (Dan T) have stronger rising stars than Leicester (Joe T) as do Sheffield (Gilkes), although they have a weaker number 6 (Edwards) than Leicester.

Leicester have done well with the points limit signing a 4.00 Kemp on a 3.00 ave to allow a strong top 5. So while Ipswich haven't used the spare point from signing Jenkins, they still look the team to beat for me!

• Like 1