British Speedway Forum

Czech GP Prague

What is abundantly clear concerning Tai is that he is just making up the numbers in the gp's. I presume it is a points based earner being in the competition so it must be costing him money to compete.Something has to change for him, if that means dropping out of the gp's or a league remains to be seen. My money is on the league and it will not be on the continent because that is where the money is.

8 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

But who would you replace him with? There’s a good group of young lads but none are at Tai’s level. And none of the “older” guys like King, Wright or Ellis are better. IMO

Sorry I didn't explain myself properly. I meant Do Team GB drop Tai down to reserve due to his poor form internationally or do they keep Dan at reserve and use him tactically. 

5 hours ago, one of clubs said:

What is abundantly clear concerning Tai is that he is just making up the numbers in the gp's. I presume it is a points based earner being in the competition so it must be costing him money to compete.Something has to change for him, if that means dropping out of the gp's or a league remains to be seen. My money is on the league and it will not be on the continent because that is where the money is.

If woffinden is to work his way out of this rut then race wins and building confidence back up is the way and the only place he is doing that is in Britain, Poland is big money but you still need to score to get it 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

If woffinden is to work his way out of this rut then race wins and building confidence back up is the way and the only place he is doing that is in Britain, Poland is big money but you still need to score to get it 

Because of the way he's conducted himself over the years, he's not exactly backwards in coming forwards in how good he thinks he is,  it's difficult to feel sad for him and his current (last 5 years) performances.

Not only is he a marmite character, my opinion of him changes from interview to interview :D

4 hours ago, tyler42 said:

Sorry I didn't explain myself properly. I meant Do Team GB drop Tai down to reserve due to his poor form internationally or do they keep Dan at reserve and use him tactically. 

Use Lambert tactically as he's our strongest rider

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Prague can produce good racing but it is notoriously difficult to pass on. They prepared the track to get the meeting on under difficult weather conditions…. Plaudits to Craig Ackroyd for cracking on with the meeting.

a meeting to forget

Craig Ackroyd does not have any control of the speed of the meeting- that is Phil Morris in conjunction with the TV director/producer. 

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

Because of the way he's conducted himself over the years, he's not exactly backwards in coming forwards in how good he thinks he is,  it's difficult to feel sad for him and his current (last 5 years) performances.

Not only is he a marmite character, my opinion of him changes from interview to interview :D

I will never feel sorry for him and I don’t like him but I do respect him and understand him and understand where he is now ,for any rider it can be absolute hell just to turn up and race when you go through these spells, nothing works, you blame everything and everyone but ultimately it’s you,has he got the fire in him to get out of it ? Only he knows that but the fact remains you don’t become a bad rider you just lose the desire, sometimes temporarily sometimes for good, I guess we will see at the end of the season when he will surely lose his GP status 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I guess we will see at the end of the season when he will surely lose his GP status 

He said the other week that he was spinning and changed everything and was back to square one. If anything he looked woefully short of speed at the Marketa and this evening in Poland had two good rides and 2 poor ones - One step forward two steps back. He is the "Monster poster boy" but in simple terms Vaculik got more points in the Marketa SGP than Woffinnden has scored all series and the only rider has scored less is Kvech. So he is a long way from a Wild-Card spot. Guaranteed he is frustrated with the whole situation and hope he can turn the corner and pick up his results in the SGP / Ekstraliga.  

30 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

you don’t become a bad rider you just lose the desire, sometimes temporarily sometimes for good, I guess we will see at the end of the season when he will surely lose his GP status 

Agreed, look at Hancock, he bumbled around for about 15 years before rediscovering whatever it was he rediscovered. 

Also, other riders get better (Zmarzlik undoubtedly for one) and new talent comes into the series not so race weary.

10 hours ago, iainb said:

Would agree,he was always keen to let everybody know how much money he had earned.He’s been there, done it and got the Tee Shirt but he’s just hanging about with the big boys now.He has other interests out side the sport which he is more interested in.Should just retire.IMO

• Like 1

12 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I will never feel sorry for him and I don’t like him but I do respect him and understand him and understand where he is now ,for any rider it can be absolute hell just to turn up and race when you go through these spells, nothing works, you blame everything and everyone but ultimately it’s you,has he got the fire in him to get out of it ? Only he knows that but the fact remains you don’t become a bad rider you just lose the desire, sometimes temporarily sometimes for good, I guess we will see at the end of the season when he will surely lose his GP status 

You could also question why he didn’t enter the GP Qualifiers if he is that keen to continue in GP’s .There are better riders than him trying to make sure of their place.

On 6/3/2024 at 11:09 AM, Fromafar said:

You could also question why he didn’t enter the GP Qualifiers if he is that keen to continue in GP’s .There are better riders than him trying to make sure of their place.

Don't think he ever has, has he?

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t think so.Dont think he would get through them now.IMO

One for the stats boffins... has there been any other GP rider that has never been through the qualifying process?

Edited by iainb

On 11/25/2023 at 7:02 PM, racers and royals said:

Prague is a brilliant city to visit for a weekend( or longer !) To get to the stadium the Metro line A has been extended and for Marketa stadium get off at Petriny- stadium 3 minute walk away.

What a brilliant weekend .  Weve already re-booked flights and a hotel  for early next year and will certainly make the trip again for the GP weekend when it's announced. 

It's our new "got to do" GP. 

A transport system 2nd to none (discounts for 60-65s and free travel for all over 65s ) with daily tickets cheaper than the cost of  a coffee in the UK for with airport shuttle buses , the Prague underground and Prague trams all included . Our hotel in Central Prague to the airport took around 30  minutes 

What a disgrace it is that our own British GP is near the bottom of that list due to the unacceptable cost of travel and accommodation. We should hang our heads in shame .

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 11:52 AM, Fullmax said:

What a brilliant weekend .  Weve already re-booked flights and a hotel  for early next year and will certainly make the trip again for the GP weekend when it's announced. 

A transport system 2nd to none (discounts for 60-65s and free travel for all over 65s ) with daily tickets cheaper than the cost of  a coffee in the UK for with airport shuttle buses , the Prague underground and Prague trams all included . Our hotel in Central Prague to the airport took around 30  minutes 

What a disgrace it is that our own British GP is near the bottom of that list due to the unacceptable cost of travel and accommodation. We should hang our heads in shame .

we dont call it rip of britain for nothing, and its getting worse

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gjcone44 said:

we dont call it rip of britain for nothing, and its getting worse

Flights already booked along with 4 nights accommodation in Poznan & Torun and all for for less than the price of 2 nights accommodation in Cardiff. 

This year Cardiff is a day trip for our group of four. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 11:52 AM, Fullmax said:

Delighted you enjoyed it, Prague is indeed a beautiful city. 

• Like 1