British Speedway Forum

Czech GP Prague

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not at BV it won't.

Adam Allott & Woffinden have no fight in them. 

This time around, we're in trouble. Other countries have got better while we've gone backwards. 

Poland are strongest.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

I think that people have not yet realised that deep down Bewley's not really interested in progressing in the GP's and therefore not interested in being world champion. 

Not interested or just not that ruthless enough kind of rider? 

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

This time around, we're in trouble. Other countries have got better while we've gone backwards. 

Poland are strongest.

People were saying Poland were big favourites in 2021

4 minutes ago, davie10 said:

can you explain ?

Not consistent enough. Hit and miss. Seems to me that he's satisfied with that. Time will tell. 

10 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Shows what you can do to get a meeting on and finished in no time. Well done to all concerned and surely the way forward, fast sport with superbly quick process. Racing might not be top notch but they got the meeting on.

Nonsense...

Covers won't work over here...

We have been told... :D

• Haha 1

I enjoyed tonight...

Not that much passing but lots of tight situations to appreciate the talent of the riders...

And a humble winner...

• Like 3

Rubbish Grand Prix but the usual fare at Prague unfortunately.

Lovely city but the speedway leaves a lot to be desired.

It does however show that when it needs to, the meeting can be done quickly especially with a poor weather forecast.

mercifully short if not so sweet

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Poland are strongest.

Bewley will be fine at BV, and GB will have as much chance as anybody because of where it is. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Nonsense...

Wrong type of rain and the ones that Buster uses have more holes than a sieve hence you are spot on. Roll on getting back to bags of sawdust and Jap engines. The sport might just catch on.

• Like 3

Great result for Fred, he must have been fearing the worst after his first race and a disastrous start to the series. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Speedway28 said:

Do feel both Lambert and Bewley need to develop a ruthless streak (ironic in Lambert’s case). 

Bewley’s speed will win him more GP’s but lacks the fight of Holder for example.

That's what drives me bonkers with Lambert. When he burst on to the scene it didn't matter how he gates he'd battle hard. 

Now, with 'supposed' experience he's become a curb crawler or just follows back wheels. Also now gives up points easily too. It's not him. Just don't know if he's purposely doing it, or he's being advised. 

Natural racing ability seems to have deserted him, really winds me up. I want 'Ruthless' Lambert back. 

In fact, back to SGP, I'd love to see some more Nicki Pedersen style rider's back in the series, need livening up massively. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Nonsense...

I am all for track covers but they have to get them so all the water perfectly drains to the centre green. Gorzow recently cancelled a league meeting because water leaked on to the track on one corner.

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

In fact, back to SGP, I'd love to see some more Nicki Pedersen style rider's back in the series, need livening up massively. 

True this.  Too many dull Hancock type riders in the GP series at the moment.