British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh “24 Team

Just now, Nickinho said:

Heat 13: Edinburgh 1 - 5 Glasgow -- Harris 3 Worrall 2* Riss 1 Sedgman 0

Heat 15 Edinburgh 1 - 5 Glasgow -- Worral 3 Harris 2* Sedgman 1 Riss 0

That's the reality if Sedgman and Riss are the two heat leaders next season.

Probably be a similar outcome against majority of teams in the league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Big year I feel for kye. Feel he could be the difference between having a season like last year which was utter rubbish to a side that will be competing in the play offs. 

really needs to find some consistency this year and step up into the heat leader role was on the end of too many 5-1s last year which cost us many meetings.

So no Paco if your looking for consistency

5 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

So no Paco if your looking for consistency

Felt paco got a bit more consistent as the season went on. Done his job as a 2nd string imo. As a heat leader kye should be going out and winning races if not getting 2nd places. Too many lasts and thirds last year.

Edited by Mr Blobby

16 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

But what about the 7 heats neither Harris or Worrall appear in?

18 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Luckily the points gained in all the other heats count the same as those from heats 13 and 15.

4 minutes ago, Macca said:

History repeating itself, I fear. Assembling a similar looking side to last year, if rumours are to be believed and there are no suprises. 

Is the hope just ‘the whole league will be weaker, so a similar team should do better’? 

We were told we’d have a fresh look to the team in 2024 after a poor 2023. However so far and with what is rumoured we seem to have back tracked on this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

We were told we’d have a fresh look to the team in 2024 after a poor 2023. However so far and with what is rumoured we seem to have back tracked on this.

At least Max James is a fresh face so far, and that's a plus.  The surprise could actually be that there no surprises, but have a feeling there may be at least one, otherwise what would be the "exciting news" that was promised earlier ?

3 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I have no doubt Monarchs top 2 would be one of the weaker combinations if it is Sedgmen / Riss. BUT in "my team" Monarchs could have a reserve stronger than 4 of Glasgow's riders, 3 or 4 of Oxford's riders & 3 of Poole's riders for example.

2 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

At least Max James is a fresh face so far, and that's a plus.  The surprise could actually be that there no surprises, but have a feeling there may be at least one, otherwise what would be the "exciting news" that was promised earlier ?

Is that a plus? While Max is promising, it's probably gonna be a season too early for him to step up & I think he'll have the lowest NL ave of any 2.00 riders stepping up this year. 

So Monarchs could once again have the weakest rider in the league riding for them. Is it worth having a "fresh face" if they're out of their depth.

For Max & Edinburgh's sake I hope the step up isn't too much for him.

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Is that a plus? While Max is promising, it's probably gonna be a season too early for him to step up & I think he'll have the lowest NL ave of any 2.00 riders stepping up this year. 

So Monarchs could once again have the weakest rider in the league riding for them. Is it worth having a "fresh face" if they're out of their depth.

For Max & Edinburgh's sake I hope the step up isn't too much for him.

You have got to remember this is why the League was watered down to bring young talent, he will be racing other young talent,time will tell who makes the most progress.Someone has to have ‘ the lowest average’. 

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You have got to remember this is why the League was watered down to bring young talent, he will be racing other young talent,time will tell who makes the most progress.Someone has to have ‘ the lowest average’. 

So true - and of course we must also point out that " The longest journey begins with the first small step - aha ...aha ." 

( Lao Tzu Reid Brothers )  Adapted quote  :t: