British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh “24 Team

I see Paco Castagna has often talked about being "snubbed" by Premiership bosses, this time he has an article in the Speedway Star addressing this, now while he has had a great season for Edinburgh, looking at the Premiership line-ups I'm not sure there's a team he would strengthen.

Belle Vue: recently signed Zischke & Vuolas, now while Paco has a higher Champ average than Vuolas, he's taken 4 or 5 seasons to reach a 6+ average, Zischke & Vuolas have achieved that in half a season, so can see why Aces would consoder them more promising. 

Birmingham & King's Lynn: both need heat leaders, not reserves. As Lynn have injured riders they should be encouraged to sign Paco, but they're unlikely to do that if they can continue with guests / call off matches when they can't get strong guests.

Ipswich: don't need to strengthen up their top 6 & Paco couldn't replace Jenkins.

Leicester: top 6 all stronger than Paco.

Sheffield: can't replace a reserve with Paco & not likely to drop Howarth.

Which leaves Oxford: now Paco could've strengthened them at reserve, but unfortunately for him Peter Schroeck is doing his best to weaken then team & avoid making the play-offs.

Think Castagna, needs to try & pick up as many guest bookings as he can, to put himself into teams' plans for 2025.

On 8/8/2024 at 6:53 PM, szkocjasid said:

I see Paco Castagna has often talked about being "snubbed" by Premiership bosses, this time he has an article in the Speedway Star addressing this, now while he has had a great season for Edinburgh, looking at the Premiership line-ups I'm not sure there's a team he would strengthen.

Belle Vue: recently signed Zischke & Vuolas, now while Paco has a higher Champ average than Vuolas, he's taken 4 or 5 seasons to reach a 6+ average, Zischke & Vuolas have achieved that in half a season, so can see why Aces would consoder them more promising. 

Birmingham & King's Lynn: both need heat leaders, not reserves. As Lynn have injured riders they should be encouraged to sign Paco, but they're unlikely to do that if they can continue with guests / call off matches when they can't get strong guests.

Ipswich: don't need to strengthen up their top 6 & Paco couldn't replace Jenkins.

Leicester: top 6 all stronger than Paco.

Sheffield: can't replace a reserve with Paco & not likely to drop Howarth.

Which leaves Oxford: now Paco could've strengthened them at reserve, but unfortunately for him Peter Schroeck is doing his best to weaken then team & avoid making the play-offs.

Think Castagna, needs to try & pick up as many guest bookings as he can, to put himself into teams' plans for 2025.

I like Paco as a rider and always find him good value for money but I suspect he may be viewed as inconsistent. How does his away average stack up against his home average?

On 8/13/2024 at 10:22 AM, SJA said:

I like Paco as a rider and always find him good value for money but I suspect he may be viewed as inconsistent. How does his away average stack up against his home average?

He was mince at Glasgow last night 

On 8/13/2024 at 10:22 AM, SJA said:

This year: 8.20/6.22

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

I assume you mean spaghetti Bolognese?

He was absolute Merda.

Apparently, Merda is Italian for Sh!t just in-case anyone asks.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

He was absolute Merda.

Apparently, Merda is Italian for Sh!t just in-case anyone asks.

I thought it was a criminal offence in Taggart......

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Everyone watching last night's Championship Pairs will better understand why Paco Castagna has not been 'snapped up' by a Premiership club!!

Lynn gave him an outing as a guest and he was poor. Typical Edinburgh- lots of big talk which turns out to be hot air time and again on recent years.