British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh “24 Team

42 minutes ago, snapper said:

Numbers 2-4 look weak again 

I think Fredriksen/Thomson/Castagna are competitive in this watered down league.

Hume/Etheridge/Kemp, Thomsen/Brennan/Z Cook, Pearson/Flint/Starke, Edwards/TJ/Bailey, Atkins/Jenkins/Heeps, Bowtell/Newman/D Thompson are the current comparatives.

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea

29 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I think Fredriksen/Thomson/Castagna are competitive in this watered down league.

Hume/Etheridge/Kemp, Thomsen/Brennan/Z Cook, Pearson/Flint/Starke, Edwards/TJ/Bailey, Atkins/Jenkins/Heeps, Bowtell/Newman/D Thompson are the current comparatives.

We’ve had pairs and fours………but I think a triples meeting with these riders would be interesting. 

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Why? Sedgmen has a higher average than Schlein, Barker, B.Cook & Allen who are second heat leaders.

You're assuming that Allen will be the number five for Scunny but with the average they currently have they could bring in Riss and still have 4.96 left over for their number 2. Schlein, Barker and Ben Cook are all better than Sedgman and when most teams roll into town they will line up with THREE riders who are better than Sedgman. Signing Sedgman at 5 would be a poor move imo especially with the poor form he exhibited at the end of last season (and no that wasn't him trying to bring down his average either)

Edited by Nickinho

10 hours ago, Nickinho said:

You're assuming that Allen will be the number five for Scunny but with the average they currently have they could bring in Riss and still have 4.96 left over for their number 2. Schlein, Barker and Ben Cook are all better than Sedgman and when most teams roll into town they will line up with THREE riders who are better than Sedgman. Signing Sedgman at 5 would be a poor move imo especially with the poor form he exhibited at the end of last season (and no that wasn't him trying to bring down his average either)

Unless Scunny sign a higher averaged rider I can only assume Allen will be their 2nd heat leader (I never said number 5) even so Riss has a lower average than Justin, plus if Schlein, Barker & B.Cook are all better riders, why do they have lower averages? They may be better in the Prem, but not in the Champ.

I agree they may appear better riders, but Sedgy didn't get a 7.69 average by being poor, he even did that riding at number 5 in what was a tougher league last year (compared to this).

I don't necessarily believe Sedgmen would be a great signing, but don't understand how people think he'll be a terrible signing?