British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh “24 Team

30 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Needs to find more consistency in his gating to be an out and out number 1. Otherwise we’ll have the same issues as last year in the big heats.

Only Glasgow & Oxford have higher averaged number ones, so Edinburgh shouldn't have any worries there. But I do seem to remember him losing quite a few 5-1s at home.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Only Glasgow & Oxford have higher averaged number ones, so Edinburgh shouldn't have any worries there. But I do seem to remember him losing quite a few 5-1s at home.

Look at Home vs Away average though..

Lawson and Cook also higher

Exciting to watch though, no doubt

57 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Still a bit to play with. Any obvious candidates if we go with Sedgmen and Riss? I feel Paco will be included though so that kills that notion. 

Maybe a visa issue is holding things up ?  As things stand my vote would be to keep Lasse & Paco and add Eric which would come in under 38.00.

3 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Still a bit to play with. Any obvious candidates if we go with Sedgmen and Riss? I feel Paco will be included though so that kills that notion. 

Reading his interview in the Speedway Star, sounds like Paco is definitely riding in the Champ, so Edinburgh seems the most likely destination by far?

I've seen a lot of teams being proposed on this thread but everyone seems to have given up on Bastian Borke. Seems like a wasted effort bringing him in last year to gain experience if he isn't going to be included in this year's team. Paring Paco with Kye this season won't help Kye at all but pairing him with a quality team rider like Vissing would help him a lot and would leave space for Borke to return as the number 2. Kye and Claus would be a far better 3 and 4 than Glasgow's pair Flint and Starke if Claus becomes a Monarch. Also, the second heat leader has to be Riss because Sedgman would be a really underwhelming signing imo (ask any Glasgow fan if you don't believe me)

1 Pickering 2) Borke 3) Kye 4) Claus 5) Erik 6) Coles 7) James 

Edited by Nickinho

39 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I've seen a lot of teams being proposed on this thread but everyone seems to have given up on Bastian Borke. Seems like a wasted effort bringing him in last year to gain experience if he isn't going to be included in this year's team. Paring Paco with Kye this season won't help Kye at all but pairing him with a quality team rider like Vissing would help him a lot and would leave space for Borke to return as the number 2. Kye and Claus would be a far better 3 and 4 than Glasgow's pair Flint and Starke if Claus becomes a Monarch. Also, the second heat leader has to be Riss because Sedgman would be a really underwhelming signing imo (ask any Glasgow fan if you don't believe me)

1 Pickering 2) Borke 3) Kye 4) Claus 5) Erik 6) Coles 7) James 

Really strong team but Paco will definitely be back and it appears we’ve maybe dithered too much and Borke has been offered a team place elsewhere. 

• Like 1