British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Could do much worse than sign Batch. Riding really well for Worky and on a sub 5 average. Could be an option for any team really on that average. 

Not after some of last years half-arsed performances... only puts in the effort when he can be bothered

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Zagar?

Zager wasnt a number 1 last season when the league was a weaker league than it is this year, and he mainly only scored decent points round Belle Vue, was hit and miss away from home.

He could have convinced a world star to ride Birmingham for sure. He just didn't want to cough up the money which I understand but his comments about having money to sign Bartosz hasn't helped his stance. Even if a rider like Lingren was really expensive , he could have shaped the team to be entirely different. For example he could saved some money by not signing milk, lammpart etc and signed some other riders like Sedgmen, S Lambert, Jake Allen, etc. The team is poor but not because theyve not got a number 1 but because they signed unproven riders that need time to settle.Pawlicki I still think will come good but he will need time still.

1. Lingren (just pay what he wants)

2. S Lambert or Jake Allen

3.  S Worrall

4. Schieln

5. Pawlicki

6. Z Cook

7. L Flint

Haven't work out the averages on that but that's a team atleast has a strong base to work from. I reckon those riders could get dialled in at Perry bar win more home meetings. 

9 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

You're starting to sound like the not so lovely Lesley on the B'ham Forum! :D

I'd say it's more expressing an opinion, as opposed to moaning......

Just my opinion! :D

I feel for you supporting both B'ham Teams! LOL (just bantering with you....) my late father and my brother are/were Bluenoses!

Sounds like you started following B'ham Speedway the same year as me? (1971)

First match was April 30th 39-39  v Long Eaton (Challenge...) still got the programme! :D

Yes sorry was having a bad day, still got my prog, May 27th 1971   KO Cup     and Malcom Shakespeare got a 15 point maximum for Long Eaton.

Went down with me mates,

plus a couple of weeks later took the wife down and we stood on the second bend,     oww she never came down again, Funny that  ?.

So just me mates from then.

KRO

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the hobbit said:

We’ve already got six of those !!! 
(plus our rising star). 

Six? have we ?

I think '2nd string' is a compliment to some of them! 

Brennan is the only rider performing above expectations atm....Cook has the potential...(won us the meeting v BV in Heat14 ....beating his brother from behind) Flint is hit/miss, but is improving as the season develops and its unfair to be hard on Lampart in his first season....it's a desperate signing and he'd benefit from being in a decent side, with time to settle.

Worrall is not doing it .... Sedgemen isnt good enough....Pawlicki will be ok at home, but crap away.

B'ham are still 2 HEAT LEADERS away from being competitive!

16 hours ago, FishersGate said:

He could have convinced a world star to ride Birmingham for sure. He just didn't want to cough up the money which I understand but his comments about having money to sign Bartosz hasn't helped his stance. Even if a rider like Lingren was really expensive , he could have shaped the team to be entirely different. For example he could saved some money by not signing milk, lammpart etc and signed some other riders like Sedgmen, S Lambert, Jake Allen, etc. The team is poor but not because theyve not got a number 1 but because they signed unproven riders that need time to settle.Pawlicki I still think will come good but he will need time still.

1. Lingren (just pay what he wants)

2. S Lambert or Jake Allen

3.  S Worrall

4. Schieln

5. Pawlicki

6. Z Cook

7. L Flint

Haven't work out the averages on that but that's a team atleast has a strong base to work from. I reckon those riders could get dialled in at Perry bar win more home meetings. 

How come you have not included there most consistant and as far as i can see, rapidly improving  Tom Brennan. Who also deserves a wild card for the SEC

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Armchairfan said:

How come you have not included there most consistant and as far as i can see, rapidly improving  Tom Brennan. Who also deserves a wild card for the SEC

Because I completely forgot about him lol! Woops

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2024 at 1:08 PM, LagutaRacingFan said:

The problem for Birmingham is that most top riders are riding in the GPs, Poland and Sweden. They don't want to ride in the UK.

What Birmingham need to do is find a top rider who is not riding in the GPs and Sweden.

Those riders are few and far between.

Does anyone have any names?

Your mate Artem says he doesn’t want to race in GB.You talk some bull#hit.

3 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

The worst thing brum did was sign ermolenko to manage, he couldnt teach pigs to be dirty. Alright being a great rider but management is a totally different game

I really don’t get the two management positions birmingham made. Just one would of done and perhaps they would of saved a bit of dosh to redistribute to a proper heat leader