British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

The good news coming from Sam's last Official club statement, is that he's panicking because he can't conjure up any more excuses for the poor showings/performances by a number of riders....therefore, one would suggest that when the excuses dry up, actions are the only option???

Worrall/Millik to be replaced ASAP!

Failing any Team changes...I think Sam will walk away before the season's out !

I don't think an away loss to Belle Vue is the time to panic. But Ermolenko should certainly be looking to strengthen the team.

I realise this may be unachievable, but why not save the money that's being shelled out for the 'big name' winter signings and bag yourself a couple of Lamberts... Make Robert an offer he can't refuse and get Simon in before Lynn snap him up again... The latter will graft and give you everything and might just rub off on a few others... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think an away loss to Belle Vue is the time to panic. But Ermolenko should certainly be looking to strengthen the team.

No....it should've been before the season had even started....once he knew what '7' he was having to work with! :D

• Sad 1

On 5/10/2024 at 8:05 AM, GiveusaB said:

The good news coming from Sam's last Official club statement, is that he's panicking because he can't conjure up any more excuses for the poor showings/performances by a number of riders....therefore, one would suggest that when the excuses dry up, actions are the only option???

Worrall/Millik to be replaced ASAP!

Failing any Team changes...I think Sam will walk away before the season's out !

If Ermolenko walks away, would anyone notice?

9 hours ago, hasta la vista said:

No Pawlicki at Ipswich on Thursday. IMP rearranged.

What's Imp? 

Programme collectors!

I have envelopes full of complete Brummies programmes, scorecards and various associated speedway star and newspaper cuttings for seasons 2012 to 2019.

Anyone interested in collecting them can do so (from Perry Barr or I will post at your cost) either for a particular season or all of them, for a donation to either the Benevolent Fund or the Birmingham supporters club (donations made to me in exchange for goods, and I will then make the appropriate donations to whichever beneficiary you prefer). If noone wants any or all of them, I will donate the lot to the Brummies club shop to sell in complete year envelopes.

Message me on here if interested :) 

On 5/11/2024 at 11:58 AM, hasta la vista said:

No Pawlicki at Ipswich on Thursday. IMP rearranged.

What about Lampart?, he scored 11 points in his qualifier at Krosno, and while we are at it I would give Milik an ultimatum either he brings his Polish bikes/form to the Brummies or don't bother turning up why ? 12+2 for Krosno, and 11 points in the SEC Challenge at Daugavpils other known riders Thorsell 4, Lahti 9, Janowski 12, Riss 3, Jensen 7, so he can do it when he wants to,  it seems he is literally taking Birmingham management and fans for a ride, easy money...

Edited by heathen52
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hasta la vista said:

He's available, it was only the Gdansk qualifier that was rearranged.
Milik isn't taking anyone for a ride, UK speedway is nothing like continental speedway. In the same way many foreigners struggle in UK, nearly all the top British riders in the UK leagues are useless in Poland. Lawson/King/Harris etc etc

Brum would be better off gambling on Scandis rather than these unreliable central European throttle jockeys. Lindback could do you a job, Kim Nilsson. Anybody, they're more suited to British tracks

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, heathen52 said:

What about Lampart?, he scored 11 points in his qualifier at Krosno, and while we are at it I would give Milik an ultimatum either he brings his Polish bikes/form to the Brummies or don't bother turning up why ? 12+2 for Krosno, and 11 points in the SEC Challenge at Daugavpils other known riders Thorsell 4, Lahti 9, Janowski 12, Riss 3, Jensen 7, so he can do it when he wants to,  it seems he is literally taking Birmingham management and fans for a ride, easy money...

He can get away with riding how he wants....B'ham wont make any team changes regardless!

I think Lampart has potential and given time, I reckon he will be a decent performer....trouble is, he's part of a very weak side and it will expose his below average scores!

Millik/Pawliki are, as predicted....not committed and certainly not up to the job!

Sorry for stating the obvious!

Just been sent a very disturbing article , there was rumours of it for years around Newport and what he was up to but after whats been posted recently about another sick forum member, thought it would be appropriate to make people aware of this. I think everyone will know who the said person is linked to. 

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/24195050.newport-paedophile-teacher-jailed-assaulting-boys/

12 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Just been sent a very disturbing article , there was rumours of it for years around Newport and what he was up to but after whats been posted recently about another sick forum member, thought it would be appropriate to make people aware of this. I think everyone will know who the said person is linked to. 

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/24195050.newport-paedophile-teacher-jailed-assaulting-boys/

I have no idea Pinny.

2 minutes ago, MumsieCulpepper said:

I have no idea Pinny.

Look at surname and look at Brummies promotional / management. 

• Like 1