British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

If Birmingham don't make a change (Klindt for Lampart for example) then keep losing at home, it could certainly hurt their crowds cause it'd either appear, they are not trying to strengthen up, or more worryingly think they don't need to strengthen up.

• Like 1

BRUMMIES TARGET TURNAROUND

TUESDAY, APRIL 23, 2024

ASSISTANT team boss Chris Adams is backing his Birmingham riders to ‘establish a rhythm’ during their next run of fixtures.

The Brummies have just one league point to their name from their opening five ROWE Motor Oil Premiership contests – but discussions have taken place behind the scenes on how, as a team, they feel they can turn things around.

They travel to Leicester on Thursday before a big night next Monday (April 29) when they host Belle Vue at Perry Barr in the first televised meeting of the season, with live coverage on Eurosport and discovery+.

Adams said: “I think the expectations at the start of the season from people on the outside were that we were going to get absolutely annihilated whether we be home or away.

“But that wasn’t the case in those first three meetings and we grew in confidence, and perhaps it changed people’s thoughts about us.

“We’ve taken some hits the last couple of home matches and they’ve been hard to come back from.

“But as I’ve said, once we establish a rhythm, we can certainly turn our results around.”

42 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Can someone tell me what a 'rhythm' is in terms of speedway?

This statement is a load of bull......

Just admit that the side is weak and changes need to be made in order for the team to be competitive!

They have established a "rhythm" they had a couple of good starts to matches then lost, now they've stopped their good start to matches & still lose. No wins in 5 matches, sounds like they've established a rhythm to me?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Adams said: “I think the expectations at the start of the season from people on the outside were that we were going to get absolutely annihilated whether we be home or away.

“But that wasn’t the case in those first three meetings and we grew in confidence, and perhaps it changed people’s thoughts about us.

Is Adams suggesting that this is a positive?

In effect is he saying "people thought we were gonna get thrashed, but it turns out we're only getting beaten not thrashed?"

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

They have established a "rhythm" they had a couple of good starts to matches then lost, now they've stopped their good start to matches & still lose. No wins in 5 matches, sounds like they've established a rhythm to me?

The only positive to take from the first 5 meetings is a draw against Sheffield.

Got lucky with a wet track at Oxford....got lucky with an off night for 'Sayfutinov' at Ipswich.....got beaten at home by an Oxford side without their No.1 and then got walloped at home by a decent Leicester side where their reserves out scored B'ham's heat leaders...

The only saviour was a fortunate 'temporary' signing of Nicholls!

I love Sam and think he's a speedway legend, but his tactical nouse, or lack of, is very questionable so far!

I can't see any positives going forward.

Leicester will hit at least 55 this Thursday!

Edited by GiveusaB

On 4/21/2024 at 5:34 PM, the hobbit said:

Yes… in the Polish bottom league!!! No where near premier league standard. That’s his true level unfortunately 

As has already been stated, it is not the bottom league of Poland at all. The standard is actually very good and features several Premiership ‘stars’ in the league like Kurtz, Holder, Tungate, Klindt, Musielak etc to just a few, plus Grand Prix rider Kai Huckenbeck. Because he wasn’t good enough first time around, Luke Becker has just been dropped by his team over there too - that shows you the type of standard that it is. 

• Like 2

On 4/21/2024 at 5:34 PM, the hobbit said:

Yes… in the Polish bottom league!!! No where near premier league standard. That’s his true level unfortunately 

It’s not the bottom league. It’s a very high standard league when you consider the standard of riders. Similar to our league.

Milik is a decent standard in Europe and needs to adapt to UK tracks before he starts scoring well which he will. Great rider. 

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It’s not the bottom league. It’s a very high standard league when you consider the standard of riders. Similar to our league.

Milik is a decent standard in Europe and needs to adapt to UK tracks before he starts scoring well which he will. Great rider. 

Adapt?

Not sure I'm buying in to that?

Great rider?

Not sure about that either?

What has he done to merit being 'great'?

I'm not knocking your opinion...but I would swap 'great' for maybe 'capable'?

He's had 5 meetings and been 'sh#te' so far !

I'd say he's a trier...but nowhere near good enough to be a Premier Heat Leader from what I've seen!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Adapt?

Great rider?

I'd say he's a trier...but nowhere near good enough to be a Premier Heat Leader from what I've seen!

Spot on 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Adapt?

Great rider?

He hasn’t ridden in the UK in years so of course he needs to adapt to the British tracks.

He scored 8 in his 2nd meeting so he certainly wasn’t sh#te in that one.

He rides in the top flight in Sweden and had ridden regularly in the top flight in Poland (the 2nd tier in Poland is not much different to our top flight) so it’s without question he is more than a decent rider.

He is definetly a racer and a trier and I’m delighted he is back in British speedway. I hope he stays and is able to settle. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

He hasn’t ridden in the UK in years so of course he needs to adapt to the British tracks.

He rides in the top flight in Sweden and had ridden regularly in the top flight in Poland (the 2nd tier in Poland is not much different to our top flight) so it’s without question he is more than a decent rider.

He is definetly a racer and a trier and I’m delighted he is back in British speedway. I hope he stays and is able to settle. 

No, he wasn't 'rubbishe' in that one...but it was 8 points from 6 outings....that's less than a 6 average!

He's scored 22 points from 5 meetings ??? now that's what I call 'sh#te'!

I don't mind him staying, but he's only a second string at best! (atm)

Anyway......we both have our opinions and that's 'healthy' for a forum! :D

Birmingham's results are no surprise. Prior to the season starting most had said the team was the weakest and they were fortunate to have Nicholls as guest as the Premiership started. That certainly worked in their favour, as riders got up to speed at the start of the season. Unfortunately I can only see the situation getting worst at Perry Barr, it will be interesting on Monday to see how they get on in  the televised Eurosport meeting against the Aces strong top 4 - Kurtz, Lidsey, Bewley and Cook.

1 hour ago, Hackett said:

…….it will be interesting on Monday to see how they get on in  the televised Eurosport meeting against the Aces strong top 4 - Kurtz, Lidsey, Bewley and Cook.

I expect an absolute tonking - would love to be proven wrong though!  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Good news for Brummies fans, I keep reading on fb that King's Lynn are going to get the wooden spoon lol!

Six hundred and sixty six pointer at the AFA next Thursday.

23 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Stop talking sense, that's not allowed on here.

He must hit the ground running and be able to ride tracks he's never seen before from day 1!! Tut tut.

It's not his fault that Birmingham have been build so poorly, he's a solid rider but to be thrown in the deep end at number 1, partnered with Tom or Steve (two experienced campaigners) and against the likes of Jack Holder, Tai Woffinden, Maciej Janowski, Emil Sayfutdinov, Jason Doyle, Chris Harris. He's never going to score to his assessed 7.50 average now is he? He should be at number 3 or 4 (against the Josh Pickering, Nicolai Klindt, Charles Wright, Danny Kings of the league) with a solid team around him.

• Like 1