British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

11 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Be interesting to see how they shuffle the rider order next month with Scotty dropping to reserve.

I don't understand why Scott drops to reserve when he has the highest average, after following speedway for 55 years, the rules have finally beaten me.

1 hour ago, Halifordukesfan said:

I don't understand why Scott drops to reserve when he has the highest average, after following speedway for 55 years, the rules have finally beaten me.

Because in the latest set of averages, he is the lowest average of the top six!!!

no idea what figures you are looking at. 

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/p24_issue_4.pdf

you need to look at columb C ( highlighted in green), , effective from 1st April 

Edited by the hobbit

1 hour ago, Halifordukesfan said:

Nicholls was signed on his 2023 converted Champ average.

Now he's ridden in the Prem, they are using his rolling ave, which mostly counts of his 2022 matches for Peterborough (where he struggled).

Couldn't be simpler!

On 3/30/2024 at 10:19 AM, Teromaafan said:

Be interesting to see how they shuffle the rider order next month with Scotty dropping to reserve.

Sounds like a master stroke and  how to use him the best way & get their first home win !!

20 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Hardly a master stroke because if Scotty has seven rides it highlights the weakness in the team’s top five.

Not really, it's a quirk of the averages that places Nicholls at reserve, normally a potential double figure scorer wouldn't be down there. The fact he's dropped down while riding superbly for the Brummies, should be a team managers dream.

9 minutes ago, eric i said:

Has Zach Cook been dropped?

On the contrary. He's been promoted. The new averages that come into force tomorrow put Zach into the top 5 and Scot in the reserve berth.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Not really, it's a quirk of the averages that places Nicholls at reserve, normally a potential double figure scorer wouldn't be down there. The fact he's dropped down while riding superbly for the Brummies, should be a team managers dream.

Take your point but if Monday is his last meeting then neither of our opinions will mean much!

I know it's not gonna happen but Brummies need to beg Nicholls to stay for another 3 weeks till the EuroSport meetings start, rest Lampart when bringing in Pawlicki.

Then when Nicholls leaves, Lampart will take longer to drop to reserve still on his assessed average, so Zach Cook can be your potent reserve. Maybe even Milik will be the reserve?

15 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Agreed! Fckn useless!

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I won't pay to watch bham whilst Rogers I's involved 

Just now, GiveusaB said:

Any Speedway fan that cudnt see this is blind 

Genuine question, does your venting on this thread and the other one make you feel any better? :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Genuine question, does your venting on this thread and the other one make you feel any better? :)

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Well as a fan he has a right to vent his feeljngs on this forum, i doubt it makes him feel much better though.

I do feel he's too negative, as when Birmingham have been bad, he's pointed it out, which is fair. But when they had a couple of decent away performances, didn't give them any credit.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1