British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

5 minutes ago, orion said:

Hopefully he will be fit for the start of the season in Poland lol

I suspect that's probably what's happened, he's got some discomfort so ZG have said no UK before their season starts. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I suspect that's probably what's happened, he's got some discomfort so ZG have said no UK before their season starts. 

I more than Suspect Baggy .This season is not going   to end well for Brum is it ?

Edited by orion

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I always had speedway riders down for being a bit tougher than that!

I don't believe a word of this excuse....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I always had speedway riders down for being a bit tougher than that!

I don't believe a word of this excuse....

Probably in previous years you`d be right, but with the riches on offer in Poland riders will do everything not to upset their Polish pay masters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, screm said:

Probably in previous years you`d be right, but with the riches on offer in Poland riders will do everything not to upset their Polish pay masters.

I take your point and hear what you're saying...but I just don't trust 'Rogers'....he's not for me!

His level is MDL and 'poncing' about in USA....he's an out and out narcissist imo !

He hasn't got a scooby do when it comes to running/selecting a 'competitive' speedway team.

He's just using 'Tolley's' money to play at the sport!

B'ham need a 'proper' speedway man at the helm!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, orion said:

I more than Suspect Baggy .This season is not going   to end well for Brum is it ?

It would appear not. The hope is always that every team is competitive so people turn up to watch and don't get demoralised but even though Brum have a very good bottom four I fear for them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Or always been the plan and attempt a Eddie Kennett type manoeuvre . 

I wonder if Sudden Sam still has his racing gear :D

• Haha 1

Maybe Robert Lambert could be signed on a 28 day contract, he might be up for doing a few meetings for the Brummies

To seal the deal throw in a medal at the end of the contract and you should have got your man.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spin king said:

Maybe Robert Lambert could be signed on a 28 day contract, he might be up for doing a few meetings for the Brummies

To seal the deal throw in a medal at the end of the contract and you should have got your man.

The only medal the Brummies will win whilst LR has a big say is made out of wood ;).

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 2:01 PM, Bagpuss said:

In this scenario, I don’t think that is actually the case. He is now due to be missing sparring meetings in Poland and other parts of their fitness preparations for the new season. That’s going some just to avoid Perry Barr at all costs in March!

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 3:10 PM, GiveusaB said:

I take your point and hear what you're saying...but I just don't trust 'Rogers'....he's not for me!

His level is MDL and 'poncing' about in USA....he's an out and out narcissist imo !

He hasn't got a scooby do when it comes to running/selecting a 'competitive' speedway team.

He's just using 'Tolley's' money to play at the sport!

B'ham need a 'proper' speedway man at the helm!

Like CVS...

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 2:58 PM, szkocjasid said:

Yeah that second part confuses me, if you enjoy watching Speedway, why stop if "your" team closes?

Although nowadays a fans second closest track, could be quite a trek compared to 20 years ago & fans may get their fix from TV / streaming?

I think to the vast majority of fans they support their own team first and foremost and when they close most will be lost to the sport or only attend occasionally.

You only have to look at the amount of tracks that have closed down since the 70s and you can see the gradual decline in attendance. 

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

In this scenario, I don’t think that is actually the case. He is now due to be missing sparring meetings in Poland and other parts of their fitness preparations for the new season. That’s going some just to avoid Perry Barr at all costs in March!

The British premier league looks like it is starting incredibly early, this year. Why is this? Standing around freezing one's nuts off on April evenings is bad enough, but March is far too cold. I suppose it is for the benefit of those riders who want to get some laps in and reach "match sharpness' ready for the Polish and Swedish league seasons, to the advantage of their paymasters in Poland? So there must be several riders, with previous UK experience, available for a few weeks who need to get some competitive laps in to help get into the groove. What about Adam West?