British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

11 hours ago, mikebv said:

Both Pawlicki and Milik are riding one position up from where ideally they should be..

And there isn't a "natural No 3" behind them..

And Brum will know this...

But at least they come to the tapes, and, hopefully will still be doing so when the season ends..

Edit. They remind a bit of when the Aces had Stead at No1, you knew where the team would end up, but at least there was a track to visit...

Once they start  losing  at home the fans will start to drop off...

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Once they start  losing  at home the fans will start to drop off...

Which would be a crying shame given the money the promoter has put in, and the lack of any real kudos in winning the league anyway...

Lets hope the novelty of having the likes of Tai, Emil, Dan et al, will keep the Brum fans turning up in sufficient numbers to keep the finances on a reasonably even keel...

6 hours ago, uk_martin said:

It might do...if some of the local population see Milik and think that it's Malik spelt wrongly... :D

... and rename the club Birmingham Baltis ;)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mikebv said:

Which would be a crying shame given the money the promoter has put in, and the lack of any real kudos in winning the league anyway...

Lets hope the novelty of having the likes of Tai, Emil, Dan et al, will keep the Brum fans turning up in sufficient numbers to keep the finances on a reasonably even keel...

A winning home team is a must surely..

37 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

A winning home team is a must surely..

We've had this debate before?

Winning isn't essential for me....

I'd rather lose 44-46 and see close/exciting racing, than win by 20 points or more....(with races being won FTG)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I'd rather lose 44-46 and see close/exciting racing, than win by 20 points or more....(with races being won FTG)

That's fine for you but I don't think many Poole, Belle Vue, Glasgow fans etc will be happy seeing there team lose every week. You should have seen how much the crowds dropped at leicester when we got battered every week..soon as we started winning again crowds slowly rised.

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

It’s not the 20 point home wins you need to worry about ( we wish!!! ), it’s the 20+ home defeats each week that are more likely to be our concern. 

3 hours ago, FishersGate said:

That's fine for you but I don't think many Poole, Belle Vue, Glasgow fans etc will be happy seeing there team lose every week. You should have seen how much the crowds dropped at leicester when we got battered every week..soon as we started winning again crowds slowly rised.

Exactly...

5 hours ago, FishersGate said:

The difference nowadays is that there is actually some world class talent that will be visiting virtually every time you have a meeting...

A bit of a novelty maybe, and short term potential rather than a long term sustainable plan, but, in Brums case in particular, it may offer some breathing space to go again next year, even if this years team doesnt trouble the play offs..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

May be its an age thing... but my preference is value for money! Give me close racing over meaningless silverware any day of the week!

To me speedway is a sport and in sport you play/ride to win. I love close plenty of passing races as we all do. But if its my team that are getting passed great race or not i am still pi**ed off. I also go home feeling a lot happier if my team has won.

Its why the play offs pull in much better crowds meaningless silverware or not fans want/hope to see there team win something it makes people happy.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

To me speedway is a sport and in sport you play/ride to win. I love close plenty of passing races as we all do. But if its my team that are getting passed great race or not i am still pi**ed off. I also go home feeling a lot happier if my team has won.

Its why the play offs pull in much better crowds meaningless silverware or not fans want/hope to see there team win something it makes people happy.

The play offs definitely pull in many fans like me, who are not too bothered about who actually wins or not...

It provides many "followers" with a night out at a speedway meeting that actually has decent crowds and, therefore, atmosphere...

A bit of a throwback to how it used to be when we all started to follow the sport and loved it....

I really enjoyed both meetings last year I attended that the Aces were in, with good crowds at both Ipswich and the NSS..

Peterborough's Captain then turning up for Sheffield so they could defeat Ipswich in the Final, (after he had made such a fundamental impact in putting Ipswich in the Final), summed up perfectly why you shouldn't take league UK racing too seriously.. 

An excellent night out are the play offs...

• Like 3