British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

So much for 'being in the know' ? LOL :D

I'd take everything that 'poster' said, with a generous pinch of salt ! 

I was given that information by the promoter ... you yourself are in no position to criticise other people, being a total nobody.

7 minutes ago, *JJ said:

I was given that information by the promoter ... you yourself are in no position to criticise other people, being a total nobody.

Being a 'nobody' is the best compliment anyone has ever paid me... I thank you kindly.

All my learnings from 'Ram Das' has paid off!

Free from 'EGO'....unlike some ! :D

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Tolley in the Star.

Claims to have spent ballpark £300k in past 2 seasons and may be another 70k on top.

Claims to have spoken to Lindgren and "Russians", and "If say Bartosz Zmarzlik wanted to ride in this Country next season we wouldn't be frighted about what the money would be"

Goes on to say he is looking to bring in at least one rider "of GP standard"

Says at end that in further article NEXT WEEK "exciting news for Brummies fans ....and a new challenge way beyond riding in the Premiership"

Strange that he talks about the people he hasn't signed before the team has been announced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Tolley in the Star.

Claims to have spent ballpark £300k in past 2 seasons and may be another 70k on top.

Claims to have spoken to Lindgren and "Russians", and "If say Bartosz Zmarzlik wanted to ride in this Country next season we wouldn't be frighted about what the money would be"

Says at end that in further article NEXT WEEK "exciting news for Brummies fans ....and a new challenge way beyond riding in the Premiership"

We used to get chat like this with Sandu, Ford, Rathbone etc. Seen all this before. Guess what happens next?? 

That's right, they're booted out by stadium owners or the establishment eventually. 

If you want to chat big about your finances, build a safe & secure track for the clubs future first & foremost rather ego boosting waste on GP rider's. 

It's absolutely horrific this stuff gets dished out, building up the fans only then to see their clubs gone within 5yrs of this such nonsense :mad:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Tolley in the Star.

‘….we wouldn’t be frightened what the money would be’…. It’s not a question of if, but how soon that stupid statement comes back to bite him.

Edited by Teromaafan
Poor grammar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Tolley in the Star.

Probably referring to Zagar.

Former GP rider for many years and a rider who's been heavily linked with Brum.

The only news possible that would be more important than our racing in the premier league, would be the news that he had secured the land ( and that  planning permission looks likely ), to secure our long term future. 
He told me several times last season that he had several possible sites lined up so, let’s hope . 

15 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Not sure why Promoters feel the need to tell us how much money they've spent?

You're either taking it on, or you're not!?

We need 2 riders of GP standard to compete with other teams....

Our second string riders are not as good as other teams...

Look forward to the exciting news!?

Not bottom of the rankings for me, don't think Brummies second strings are any worse than Belle Vue or Ipswich's imo

The other 4 teams do look stronger.

Edited by szkocjasid

I think I'm correct in saying that Birmingham have had several different homes over the years. When you consider that Birmingham has a massive catchment area, you would think that gates of 1,500 is possible.  Does the location of the stadium have anything to do with it, is it especially difficult to get to, is the traffic at that time of evening a nightmare ? 

Just now, justathought said:

I think I'm correct in saying that Birmingham have had several different homes over the years. When you consider that Birmingham has a massive catchment area, you would think that gates of 1,500 is possible.  Does the location of the stadium have anything to do with it, is it especially difficult to get to, is the traffic at that time of evening a nightmare ? 

I'm only a 45 minute drive away from Perry bar. What puts me off going is the fact I have to fight through traffic everytime. If I get there early I can't park it at the stadium either. Once I'm in there the viewing is fairly poor and I feel a mile away from the track. I must say the indoor facilities are pretty good though compared to some. I went twice last year and will I go back in 2024? Probably not worth the hassle for me.