British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

30 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

And, by your calculation, 22 out of 42 visiting riders, also a majority, have also ridden there. 
I really hope Birmingham manage to put together a successful team for everyone’s sake, but I rather doubt home track knowledge alone will be enough to see off the likes of Janowski, Sayfutdinov, Musielak or any other of the top PL riders 

Sorry, I'm not sad enough to go through all the teams to see whose ridden at Perry Barr recently. Your original post was factually incorrect and pointless.

11 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

I do think Schlein will be next. Then zagar and then to finish off will be Robert lambert at one. 

Lambert has already confirmed he won't be doing Britain until 2025.

I agree that Schlein will be next then it'll probably be Zagar.

Piotr Pawlicki at No.1 imo.

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

If that's the case then I fear for them. Not bad riders just the balance is all wrong

I don't think they wanted to be in the Prem tbh, Not sure they've got the money for big names because so far it's screaming British based budget side compared to everyone else.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TTT said:

I don't think they wanted to be in the Prem tbh, Not sure they've got the money for big names because so far it's screaming British based budget side compared to everyone else.

I agree, they were always behind everyone else in terms team building. I'm sure most riders are snapped up towards the end of the season and Birmingham couldn't do any of that tapping up. They are just left with the rest that are avaliable. Although I'm pretty sure Tolley would have pretty much contacted every grand prix rider. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I agree, they were always behind everyone else in terms team building. I'm sure most riders are snapped up towards the end of the season and Birmingham couldn't do any of that tapping up. They are just left with the rest that are avaliable. Although I'm pretty sure Tolley would have pretty much contacted every grand prix rider. 

I hope they get a big name or two.

It's painful when fans have to watch their club get battered every week (I know from recent experience lol)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrumFan said:

Sorry, I'm not sad enough to go through all the teams to see whose ridden at Perry Barr recently. Your original post was factually incorrect and pointless.

No need to be rude. I was merely suggesting that lack of track knowledge wouldn’t protect Birmingham - the Brummies need world class riders if their fans aren’t going to be subjected to poor performances at home. In my opinion. 
My first post was actually the opposite of what you say but, hey ho, there we go. 

1 minute ago, uk_martin said:

The signing of Zach Cook has been announced.

Hands up if you are surprised. Keep your hands up if you think there's "wow factor" with that signing,

I was impressed with him last season and has bags of potential to improve further. 

Decent signing for me as are Brennan and Flint while Worrall will do OK.

The problems are above them hence why Brum have announced the bottom end of the team first 

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Lambert has already confirmed he won't be doing Britain until 2025.

I agree that Schlein will be next then it'll probably be Zagar.

Piotr Pawlicki at No.1 imo.

Freddie has to be number one then. If Pawlicki. We will be at the bottom of the league and fans won’t be turning in their number if we havnt got a strong side  

Freddie at No.1 has to be the dream ticket. World class rider and with more than a passing association with the homeless Wolves fans. Not my favourite rider, but I'd turn out to see him when Birmingham are in town.

21 minutes ago, Brummies23 said:

Freddie has to be number one then. If Pawlicki. We will be at the bottom of the league and fans won’t be turning in their number if we havnt got a strong side  

It would make sense as Freddie is the only one who'd get Brum close to the points limit.

Problem is all talk has gone dead on him and the heavily rumoured names all winter have gone where everyone said they will go and the names still heavily linked with Brum at the moment are Zagar, Schlein, W. Lampart and the Pawlicki brothers which doesn't make for good reading.

All this worry before team is fully announced . Give them a chance . Also.  We don’t know how the poles will perform

. nobody rated Tarrasenko yet he turned out pretty good at Pererborough. Let’s wait and see . For the sake of the sport , Birmingham

need a competitive team

2 minutes ago, Pumpy said:

All this worry before team is fully announced . GiveQuote them a chance . Also.  We don’t know how the poles will perform

. nobody rated Tarrasenko yet he turned out pretty good at Pererborough. Let’s wait and see . For the sake of the sport , Birmingham

need a competitive team

The worry is that so far Brum have announced a decent team of Championship riders but Brum are now in the Premiership.

I've only seen Schlein at Perry Barr once, he was wearing Pugwash navy & was awful.  If he is one of the final 3 riders the Brummies are destined for the wooden spoon.  Any three of Zagar, Lindgren & the Pawlicki brothers and they'll be competitive.  It's a solid bottom 4 signed so far..

I’ve enjoyed my recent visits to watch the Lions at Brum and I hope that they make a real go of it next season. I’m trying to see through all of the negativity on this thread but the Brum supporters aren’t stupid and are very realistic about next season based on recent history. Everyone has them down for the wooden spoon in 2024. If the club’s financial predicament is as fragile as we are led to believe, seventh position may be an achievement as it would mean that they have completed the season.

• Like 1