British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

The team has been signed for ages now, just not released to the fans yet. 
i don’t know if Sam  had any input on the team but I do know who did have a big say  and that name was neither Sam or, Laurence. Sam may have been involved but to what level, I don’t know. 

the last four riders in my opinion will be the two Pawlicki brothers, Viktor lamoart and Zac cook 

Zagar or Jan  Kvech could replace one of the pawlicki brothers 

44 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

I don’t know how you get any optimism from that interview….. he clearly stated he was going to be making it up snd learning as he went along. He has no ooomph about him. Dull as dishwater. Did you listen to the Worrall into? Steve clearly stated … Sam is from a different era when speedway was totally different, if he thinks he’s going to tell me how to set my bike up, that’s not going to work. 

%

May be not...but He can certainly tell him how to ride it ! :D

Worrall will do well from listening and taking note from what Sam has to say....

52 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

I don’t know how you get any optimism from that interview….. he clearly stated he was going to be making it up snd learning as he went along. He has no ooomph about him. Dull as dishwater. Did you listen to the Worrall into? Steve clearly stated … Sam is from a different era when speedway was totally different, if he thinks he’s going to tell me how to set my bike up, that’s not going to work. 

%

Peter Adams, one of the most successful team managers ever. I doubt that he told his riders how to set their bikes up. (And no, I am NOT saying Ermolenko will be as good as Adams) 

The suspicion I'm having, is of the BSPL  allowing Birmingham into the PL only as an "extra" and with a high risk of the club not being able to complete the season taken fully into account. It was therefore essential to have a solid core of 6 clubs, all of them with stability and a good chance of not just completing the 2024 season, but 2025 as well. 

If the Brummies do complete season 2024 then it will be a "bonus" - if they can return for 2025 that will be beyond a bonus! So I very much doubt there will be any collective "bailing out" done by the other 6/BSPL if things go wrong at any stage. Survival of the 6 will be uppermost. There were two lame ducks in the 2023 league and the management committee couldnt allow that possibility to repeat in 2024. The performance of Kings Lynn will be of more importance to them,   than that of Birmingham. Can just keep fingers crossed it works out ok for Brummies. But I doubt if Ermolenko will be effective or even competent - maybe young Adams will be.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Big Al said:

The suspicion I'm having, is of the BSPL  allowing Birmingham into the PL only as an "extra" and with a high risk of the club not being able to complete the season taken fully into account. It was therefore essential to have a solid core of 6 clubs, all of them with stability and a good chance of not just completing the 2024 season, but 2025 as well. 

If the Brummies do complete season 2024 then it will be a "bonus" - if they can return for 2025 that will be beyond a bonus! So I very much doubt there will be any collective "bailing out" done by the other 6/BSPL if things go wrong at any stage. Survival of the 6 will be uppermost. There were two lame ducks in the 2023 league and the management committee couldnt allow that possibility to repeat in 2024. The performance of Kings Lynn will be of more importance to them,   than that of Birmingham. Can just keep fingers crossed it works out ok for Brummies. But I doubt if Ermolenko will be effective or even competent - maybe young Adams will be.

I'm sure he'll get right down to it - 'straightaway'!;)

28 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Me too, he demonstrated such a commitment to racing British speedway last season, tbh if I was Chris Louis I’d have chopped Emil in for him!! 

Maybe you're being a bit too harsh on him. Probably his Poland club were exercising a lot of control, and stepping into a new situation partway through a season isn't ideal. If he's available from the start and without strings being attached and pulled he'd be a cracking signing

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Maybe you're being a bit too harsh on him. Probably his Poland club were exercising a lot of control, and stepping into a new situation partway through a season isn't ideal. If he's available from the start and without strings being attached and pulled he'd be a cracking signing

He didn’t come over for a meeting due a supposed ankle injury meaning they got a facility for him, and then posted an instagram story of himself out for a trail run the next morning - he just didn’t fancy whatever right technical track he was supposed to be racing on that week.

don’t sign a contract over here if your polish club aren’t on board either tbh, it’s unprofessional to sign a contract and then pick and choose when you come whether that’s you or the polish team dictating.

3 hours ago, the hobbit said:

i don’t know if Sam  had any input on the team but I do know who did have a big say  and that name was neither Sam or, Laurence. Sam may have been involved but to what level, I don’t know. 

the last four riders in my opinion will be the two Pawlicki brothers, Viktor lamoart and Zac cook 

Zagar or Jan  Kvech could replace one of the pawlicki brothers 

You do realise that if that's the team the combined average will be some 5+ points under the limit, Pawlicki Bros last averages combined I reckon were 12.32 Piotr last rode for Wolves average was 7.32. Pawlicki senior Rode for Coventry way back on an assessed average so 5.0. Lampart will be 5.0 and Cook is 5.10.

4 hours ago, the hobbit said:

You have stated this a number of times. And you know this to be true because?  Perhaps you have some inside knowledge we are not privy to? 

I think your guessing like the rest of us.  Of course I could have missed something in one of your missives they do tend to be on the long side and I don't have a great deal of patience at the moment holed up in bed with pneumonia. 

1 hour ago, guitar_art said:

You have stated this a number of times. And you know this to be true because?  Perhaps you have some inside knowledge we are not privy to? 

I think your guessing like the rest of us.  Of course I could have missed something in one of your missives they do tend to be on the long side and I don't have a great deal of patience at the moment holed up in bed with pneumonia. 

It's been said a lot in this thread. I quote one poster after several attempts at guessing "No try again", "wrong again" etc. Now another poster claims the team is all signed. The only part that currently seems correct from all the guessing is the Ermolenko link. I'm just as confused as the next person!

Edited by Deano

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

He didn’t come over for a meeting due a supposed ankle injury meaning they got a facility for him, and then posted an instagram story of himself out for a trail run the next morning - he just didn’t fancy whatever right technical track he was supposed to be racing on that week.

don’t sign a contract over here if your polish club aren’t on board either tbh, it’s unprofessional to sign a contract and then pick and choose when you come whether that’s you or the polish team dictating.

Riders seem to scared to stand up to their Polish teams, look at Woffinden, seems he was "forced" to race when injured in the play-offs when he didn't want to, if a 3 times world champion won't stand up to them who will?

What does Woffy do this year, sign for the same team again - so why would his club ever put his health first again? They've shown winning is more important.

Surely another Extraliga club would've jumped at the opportunity of singing Tai if he wasn't happy with how he was treated?

Regarding Laguta, it was very disrespectful of him to call off injured / ill then post on IG when out a run, almost like he was laughing as his UK team imo.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, guitar_art said:

Two riders will be announced on Wednesday, and next Weds. As for the No. 1, the club is in negotiation with several riders, but have not signed one yet.

3 hours ago, heathen52 said:

You do realise that if that's the team the combined average will be some 5+ points under the limit, Pawlicki Bros last averages combined I reckon were 12.32 Piotr last rode for Wolves average was 7.32. Pawlicki senior Rode for Coventry way back on an assessed average so 5.0. Lampart will be 5.0 and Cook is 5.10.

Yes, I do. 
that’s what I’m hearing why, if true, I will not be attending next season 

3 hours ago, guitar_art said:

Believe it or don’t  believe it, that’s up to you. Team was sorted weeks ago 

27 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Riders seem to scared to stand up to their Polish teams, look at Woffinden, seems he was "forced" to race when injured in the play-offs when he didn't want to, if a 3 times world champion won't stand up to them who will?

What does Woffy do this year, sign for the same team again - so why would his club ever put his health first again? They've shown winning is more important.

Surely another Extraliga club would've jumped at the opportunity of singing Tai if he wasn't happy with how he was treated?

Regarding Laguta, it was very disrespectful of him to call off injured / ill then post on IG when out a run, almost like he was laughing as his UK team imo.

Money.

40 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Two riders will be announced on Wednesday, and next Weds. As for the No. 1, the club is in negotiation with several riders, but have not signed one yet.

Then they are changing their minds and, their plans. As  one of the directors said… things constantly change .
Let’s hope so as we need genuine top end strength. 
lindgren and laguta please. Better still… can someone persuade Robert Lambert to sign ✍️ 

Edited by the hobbit