British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

2 hours ago, ouch said:

Most if not all British track's are prepared the same and made for gaters, pin the throttle and hold the line pretty much, that ain't technical. 

Nope, can't agree with that at all.  Wide variety of shapes - wider/narrower and the material is different.  Requires different skills/technique.  Continental riders have pretty much always struggled over here until experienced and vice versa. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

It's more to do witg equipment.

Piotr's bikes in Poland are probably top notch.

Do you honestly believe he swans in over here , rides an old nail at half speed , picks up very little in wages and then wonder's back out again. I'm not going to defend some of his riding and poor performances but I don't believe for 1 minute that he is not taking it seriously. 

• Like 2

Probably the right call tbh.

Sedgmen has been a good signing, Clearly want to give Pawlicki and Lampart time and last night proved how much they missed Steve Worrall.

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

Probably the right call tbh.

Sedgmen has been a good signing, Clearly want to give Pawlicki and Lampart time and last night proved how much they missed Steve Worrall.

I think there was a lot of question marks over sedgmen but Sam so far has got this right. Birmingham  missed Worrall at 2. Pawlicki is getting there  ( I know he rode at 6 last night)  but is a few weeks behind the rest as he missed part of the English season. Just didn’t see Cook  progressing not sure if it’s bike or ability but I wouldn’t have thought there was much in the decision between him and Lampart.

• Like 1

Zach’s better off out of it. It must be costing a fortune to keep the Brummies going with two Poles and now Freddie on the payroll. I wonder if they will survive. Zach will be an attractive proposition for other Premiership clubs. Good luck to him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

Cook can hold his head up high he has done well this season. I can see him going Kings Lynn or maybe even BV to join his brother 

Could he replace Mountain? If so I wouldn't be surprised to see Lemon swoop sooner rather than later.

I'd guess he'd be a straight swap for MPT though 

23 minutes ago, DJC said:

Could he replace Mountain? If so I wouldn't be surprised to see Lemon swoop sooner rather than later.

I'd guess he'd be a straight swap for MPT though 

That’s what I was thinking. I’d even fit him in at Sheffield for Howarth but that won’t happen 

I’d say 100%  the correct call.

Cook has done nothing wrong yet, at no time this season, has he excited me or had me commenting after a race or, a meeting ….. “great job by Zack there”.
 He’s been unlucky as the plan was to have him at reserve but for various reasons, this hasn’t happened. Sadly for Zack, Worrall and sedgemen are both riding better than him snd scoring more points. 
regarding lampart, he has done much better than I expected, there have been flashes of brilliance and signs he is improving week on week. There is also the bonus that lampart becomes a club asset whereas Cook doesn’t. Lampart  has the edge on  cook in my opinion 

Worrall has been lucky as until they were all told a change was coming, his form had been disappointing but he’s got his finger out since then thankfully,

Some said keep coook and redeclare without the unwell Worrall then release cook and reinstate Worrall when well but, remember, Lynn tried that with  Pickering last year and he jumped ship to Sheffield plus, there’s no guarantee the authorities would have sanctioned Worrall being reinstated ….. They can decline his returning. 

yes, for me, 100% the right choice. 
thanks for your efforts Zach. Bit unlucky if truth be told. Hope you get fixed up elsewhere asap. 

Not sure the asset thing carries any weight with this one...the Club don't know if they're going to survive from one season to the next?

I'm sure there can be a case made for either rider based on performances...but I prefer Cook!

As for Cook not doing a 'great job there'? I have to disagree and point to Heat 14 v BV where he came from behind to beat his brother, which 'effectively' won us the meeting! 

Still, its all about opinions....you could say that Lampart has had it tougher due to riding positions etc....

I have no doubt that ZC will be snapped up before the weekend!?