British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Still not good enough...needs a good number 5 ...Brennan isnt a number 5...

Quite right...he isn't a no.5...but atm, he's definitely riding like one... its whether he can maintain it!?

8 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

No…, he’s currently our  number 1 !!!!!!!!!!!

No visa for FL? What do you say now Hobbit? ... just bantering with you :t:

It could be in Rogers glove compartment ???

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Tolley/Lindgren 

I will never ever understand why folk go shouting their mouth off that something is going to happen before it's a done deal!

A massive wasp always comes back to bite u on the a*se  and leaves ur cheeks very red faced! Then u go on hands & knees begging for forgiveness. Very bad customer service!

Edinburgh comes to mind when they went shouting off with brochures etc about their new venture when they hadn't even got planning permission.

When will folk ever learn!

Edited by lbw
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Those Brummies fans who voted for Brexit can be proud of themselves. Still they've got their borders back, immigration is under control and that £350m a week is pouring into the NHS instead of into Brussels per their red Battle Bus, isn't it?

We'll wait for the.. 

Andy Street (former Mayor) promised me he'd sort it as he's a Speedway fan"

Excuse... 

3 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Up and down tho ...not in the class of most other number  5's

Brennan is the shining light of the season for me. 

He's gone up a notch from the Kemps, Flints etc, 

He's out scoring the likes of Worrall, Lawson, Wright, and other established British riders in the PL 

He's not in the Bewdley, Lambert level yet, no where near, but he's got to target the scoring prowess of Bomber and Scott by season end PL season and then consolidate at that level. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lbw said:

Tolley/Lindgren 

I will never ever understand why folk go shouting their mouth off that something is going to happen before it's a done deal!

A massive wasp always comes back to bite u on the a*se  and leaves ur cheeks very red faced! Then u go on hands & knees begging for forgiveness. Very bad customer service!

Edinburgh comes to mind when they went shouting off with brochures etc about their new venture when they hadn't even got planning permission.

When will folk ever learn!

The Edinburgh situation wasn’t planning related. The ‘brochures etc’ was a campaign to drum up support within the community and local businesses and encouraging locals to canvas their Councillors to support it. At no time did the Edinburgh management consider it a done deal. They went to great lengths to produce a viable presentation for the Council. There was a £400,000 offer on the table from a business man and the community project from the Monarchs. The local council were initially supportive, but ultimately they decided to take the money. A lot of people bust their asses trying to make this happen and to have it end the way it did was a massive disappointment. To dismiss those efforts as ‘shouting off’ and ‘hadn’t even got planning permission’ is a cheap, uninformed shot. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, drummerboy said:

The Edinburgh situation wasn’t planning related. The ‘brochures etc’ was a campaign to drum up support within the community and local businesses and encouraging locals to canvas their Councillors to support it. At no time did the Edinburgh management consider it a done deal. They went to great lengths to produce a viable presentation for the Council. There was a £400,000 offer on the table from a business man and the community project from the Monarchs. The local council were initially supportive, but ultimately they decided to take the money. A lot of people bust their asses trying to make this happen and to have it end the way it did was a massive disappointment. To dismiss those efforts as ‘shouting off’ and ‘hadn’t even got planning permission’ is a cheap, uninformed shot. 

To be fair it was sold to the rest of us, not as close to the situation, as a done deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

To be fair it was sold to the rest of us, not as close to the situation, as a done deal. 

Sold to you by whom? Social Media? 
I was involved and it was never at any time considered, or touted by us a done deal. We were up against a £400k offer and a notoriously unpredictable Council who had gone against us in the past. What part of that would make us think it was a done deal? Anyway it’s water under the bridge now, but I just wanted to put the record straight. It was not a planning issue and we were shouting to raise awareness, not celebrating prematurely, no matter what the internet chatter told you.

Edited by drummerboy
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Sold to you by whom? Social Media? 
I was involved and it was never at any time considered, or touted by us a done deal. We were up against a £400k offer and a notoriously unpredictable Council who had gone against us in the past. What part of that would make us think it was a done deal? Anyway it’s water under the bridge now, but I just wanted to put the record straight. It was not a planning issue and we were shouting to raise awareness, not celebrating prematurely, no matter what the internet chatter told you.

No that's fair enough... I'm obviously not the only one who thought it was a done deal, there were people reporting it as if it was going to happen on various socials, websites and podcasts

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

Is that the same rider who I have just watched beat Emil and Robert in heats 13 and 15 today racing at reserve for Birmingham tomorrow?

Yes. As I've said before, British speedway is a tough league to ride in, totally different tracks.

3 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Yes. As I've said before, British speedway is a tough league to ride in, totally different tracks.

Exactly that, most if not all Polish track's are prepared the same and made for throttle jockeys, pin the throttle and hold on pretty much, they ain't technical and varied tracks like you find in the UK and also have to ride in difficult conditions at times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

Exactly that, most if not all Polish track's are prepared the same and made for throttle jockeys, pin the throttle and hold on pretty much, they ain't technical and varied tracks like you find in the UK and also have to ride in difficult conditions at times.

Having said that, Perry Barr isn't a difficult track to ride; ask Emil ...

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

Most if not all British track's are prepared the same and made for gaters, pin the throttle and hold the line pretty much, that ain't technical. 

• Like 1