British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

4 minutes ago, BluTiger said:

“We look forward to welcoming Michael into the Brummies team though and we’ll look at where the team are at when Stevie has recovered from his illness.”

When Worrall is fit they'll only have the choice of keeping MPT or dropping him for Worrall. They won't have the option of bringing Worrall back in place of Lampart for example.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

“We look forward to welcoming Michael into the Brummies team though and we’ll look at where the team are at when Stevie has recovered from his illness.”

When Worrall is fit they'll only have the choice of keeping MPT or dropping him for Worrall. They won't have the option of bringing Worrall back in place of Lampart for example.

When worrall is fit, we won’t have the option of signing anyone as we will have already passed the deadline of completing 75% of out fixtures which comes mid was through the 28 day period. 

had to be a full time signing  NOW or keep an unfit Worrall or run rider  replacement which the club has already stated , does not work for us with the current team. 

Don't think it will make any difference to the season's outcome as to who they bring in/leave out......

MPT is an average rider around PB....will be like for like.

We've had chances to sign better riders earlier in the season, but these weren't taken!

Sorry for sounding repetitive.......,but Zach Cook was/is better round PB than Worrall/MPT !!

B'ham need a proper 'Manager' !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

If Poole moved up, why would he want to move away from his home in Dorset 

there are houses in Manchester :rofl: he may  stay with kurtz who as recently bought a house in local in Cheshire :t:

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

If Poole moved up, why would he want to move away from his home in Dorset 

Better for his career. Belle vue gets the big events and his national team manager is there. 
plus no dust and more than one line on your home track must be a plus. 

13 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

there are houses in Manchester :rofl: he may  stay with kurtz who as recently bought a house in local in Cheshire :t:

Another loan fee i suppose, the Fords will be happy with that 

Edited by Arthur54

4 hours ago, the hobbit said:

When worrall is fit, we won’t have the option of signing anyone as we will have already passed the deadline of completing 75% of out fixtures which comes mid was through the 28 day period. 

had to be a full time signing  NOW or keep an unfit Worrall or run rider  replacement which the club has already stated , does not work for us with the current team.

So the club doesn't want to use r/r as it doesn't work with the current team, but neither does using guests or having a full strength team. Birmingham are awful whatever the situation, don't think r/r makes them any worse tbh. If Pawlicki rode to his potential, would make them stronger (if the team manager gave him extra rides that is)

16 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

So the club doesn't want to use r/r as it doesn't work with the current team, but neither does using guests or having a full strength team. Birmingham are awful whatever the situation, don't think r/r makes them any worse tbh. If Pawlicki rode to his potential, would make them stronger (if the team manager gave him extra rides that is)

I don't think there's been a meeting where he's deserved extra rides, it's obvious Pawliki/Millik were signed JUST to tick the necessary boxes to be admitted in to the Premier, there appears to be no thought/positive team building tactics....but I agree with ALL your other points of view !

There's only been 2 decent signings at PB this season and that's Brennan and Lingdren....

Zach Cook was a promising signing....but making him the scapegoat for the poor results/performances and management ineptness, was sacrilege!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I don't think there's been a meeting where he's deserved extra rides, it's obvious Pawliki/Millik were signed JUST to tick the necessary boxes to be admitted in to the Premier, there appears to be no thought/positive team building tactics....but I agree with ALL your other points of view !

There's only been 2 decent signings at PB this season and that's Brennan and Lingdren....

Zach Cook was a promising signing....but making him the scapegoat for the poor results/performances and management ineptness, was sacrilege!

I think there were probably cheaper options than Pawlicki and Milik to tick boxes. Pawlicki and Milik both have/had genuine pedigree imo (much like Magic at Oxford), and if they both rode to their true full potential I reckon you'd probably be knocking on the door of top spot in the league... they did both come with massive question marks over whether they would produce their full potential though, Janowski has been more of a surprise (to me anyway), if they'd ridden to only half of their potential i think you'd be challenging for a pay off spot. I don't think anybody expected them to be as disastrous signings as they have been. Brum rolled the dice and it backfired on them spectacularly, I bet neither of them came cheap, so you could criticise Tolley for being naive at best, they did well to axe Milik, questions must still remain in what the hell Pawlicki is still doing there?

Edited by iainb

• 2 weeks later...