British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

Milik has been a disaster at No 1 and not much better at reserve, currently averaging 4.11 from 9 matches and his average was only going 1 way. Sedgeman 5.60 from 26 matches last year... of course he's a better replacement

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Milik has been a disaster at No 1 and not much better at reserve, currently averaging 4.11 from 9 matches and his average was only going 1 way. Sedgeman 5.60 from 26 matches last year... of course he's a better replacement

Not what Brum need tho ...but cant do any worse..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Alot of things they do dont make sence lol

apparently sedgeman is a ermolenko signing nothing to do with promotion ??

22 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Not what Brum need tho ...but cant do any worse..

It's all they're going to get though, it was clear when they announced their "top 2" at the start of the season that the management were either poor judges of riders or were working to a budget and trying to pull the wool over the fans eyes. Their fate was sealed with those 2 signings with the only doubt being whether they could see the season out.

With the form Milik is in, Sedgmen should improve the team, especially pushing Lampart, then possibly Pawlicki to reserve.

However it's not a move that will turn Birmingham into contenders. Especially when they have points available for a superstar number one (if someone wants to come).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AceBelle said:

apparently sedgeman is a ermolenko signing nothing to do with promotion ??

I don't buy that one...it looks more like a cost cutting exercise from where I'm standing.

Having said that...'glad to see the back of Milik'....just a shame that his opponents never got to see his back! LOL

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

With the form Milik is in, Sedgmen should improve the team, especially pushing Lampart, then possibly Pawlicki to reserve.

However it's not a move that will turn Birmingham into contenders. Especially when they have points available for a superstar number one (if someone wants to come).

It’s all well and good having a ‘strong’ reserve but isn’t much use if it only lasts for a month. At the same time, it’s not much use if the riders in the main body aren’t performing either. Oxford have already proved this. There is no guarantees that Lampart is going to score much better at reserve than he has in the main body of the side, the same as Milik. 

I do however, think that Milik could still do a job for somebody on the right track. Him and Birmingham was never going to be a match made in heaven. Milik for Howarth would potentially work and I’m sure he would be decent around Sheffield after a couple of matches. My fear is now he’s qualified for the SEC, he doesn’t really want British leagues. There is a chance Piotr Pawlicki follows suit too.

12 minutes ago, Najjer said:

It’s all well and good having a ‘strong’ reserve but isn’t much use if it only lasts for a month. At the same time, it’s not much use if the riders in the main body aren’t performing either. Oxford have already proved this. There is no guarantees that Lampart is going to score much better at reserve than he has in the main body of the side, the same as Milik. 

I do however, think that Milik could still do a job for somebody on the right track. Him and Birmingham was never going to be a match made in heaven. Milik for Howarth would potentially work and I’m sure he would be decent around Sheffield after a couple of matches. My fear is now he’s qualified for the SEC, he doesn’t really want British leagues. There is a chance Piotr Pawlicki follows suit too.

He wouldn't be missed either!

This team is a shambles!

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I think you'll be the only one that is 'gutted'! 

Milik has been embarrassing!

I’ve rated him a long time and enjoy watching him race. He certainly hasn’t pulled up any trees for Birmingham tho.

Sedgemen will soon need changing, along with Pawliki and Worrall!!!

Lampart is hanging on by the skin of his teeth and that's only because he's new over here.

Brennan/Cook/Flint are the only 3 that are worth holding on to.

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Nearly all the team seem to be riding in the wrong positions .ie.Pawlicki ,.cook ,Brennan.Which makes them weaker ...need sum quality  at the top end ..

Pawlicki was signed as a No.1 ??? he's been crap away from home!

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I’ve rated him a long time and enjoy watching him race. He certainly hasn’t pulled up any trees for Birmingham tho.

Never rated Milik - couldn't understand why they signed him other than the fact that there was no one else available.

• Like 2