British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

1 hour ago, Deano said:

But you are assuming Zagar or Schlein wanted to ride. We don't know the ins and outs of all these discussions, just what eaks out in press releases and what we read on the web.

They needed Pawlicki at 5 and a Top rider at 1...Then they would  have stood  a chance ..They had the points to play with ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

They needed Pawlicki at 5 and a Top rider at 1...Then they would  have stood  a chance ..They had the points to play with ..

For all we know, only Milik (out of all the options and negotiations), wanted to join us.

The big unknown in this team is Lampart, if he takes to British tracks like Musielak then Birmingham could have a decent side.   Most Polish supporters & certainly the Polish authorities seem to rate Lampart over Musielak.

Sadly I can't see that occuring. 

On 1/23/2024 at 8:58 PM, Call me wolfie said:

That’s why you start building with the top riders then make the most of what’s left, just seems a waste of 1.59 points to me. Wolves were crucified on here a couple of years ago for doing similar.

As I said though - maybe Brum did look at riders who would be assessed at 8, but decided against, for whatever reason (cost, overall availability, etc.).  Hence, by signing riders on 7.50, they've not got so close to the limit.  Surely that's not too difficult to understand?

1 hour ago, Col said:

The big unknown in this team is Lampart, if he takes to British tracks like Musielak then Birmingham could have a decent side.   Most Polish supporters & certainly the Polish authorities seem to rate Lampart over Musielak.

1 hour ago, Deano said:

For all we know, only Milik (out of all the options and negotiations), wanted to join us.

It seems that way ..

1 hour ago, Col said:

Cant see that but u nva know .otherwise  he would have gone to another club ..good luck to them ..

7 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

As I said though - maybe Brum did look at riders who would be assessed at 8, but decided against, for whatever reason (cost, overall availability, etc.).  Hence, by signing riders on 7.50, they've not got so close to the limit.  Surely that's not too difficult to understand?

Milik is over assessed with that ave ...so really  they are even more under the limit .

18 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

No need for such a patronising post is there? Just making your point is enough surely. After all everyone is entitled to their opinion.

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Stop trying to be clever. Brum’s top end are a pick from what left overs were available and could be tempted!

Both Pawlicki and Milik are riding one position up from where ideally they should be..

And there isn't a "natural No 3" behind them..

And Brum will know this...

But at least they come to the tapes, and, hopefully will still be doing so when the season ends..

Edit. They remind a bit of when the Aces had Stead at No1, you knew where the team would end up, but at least there was a track to visit...

Edited by mikebv

14 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Since when? Thought it was programmed rides only?

The usual BSF debate topic.. :D...

Ht 15 counts....

Hence Pawlicki, who will come up against the other No1 a possible, (probable) 3 times per meeting, will do well to deliver 10 points from his usual five rides to hit an 8 point average..

Especially when you add in a probable 3 races against some of the No5's on show this year...