British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

10 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Comments like this are why Speedway is in a mess..... 

Exactly, loyal fans do turn up but there just isn’t enough of them. A rubbish team won’t be supported by people out for an enjoyable evening.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Despite the general negativity on here, thank goodness for the loads of positive comments on particularly Facebook! 

Haven't checked the other social platforms.

It looks a decent solid team and on a 'Track by Terry' they should do well.

Pawlicki should do ok...milik isnt a number 5....

59 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Assuming all have had the same number of meetings/heats ?

How is that relevant to averages?  I very much doubt you'll ever get two riders having done the same number of rides in a season.

29 minutes ago, TTT said:

This so called shortlist must have been non existent if you're signing Milik on a 7.50 when his actual average is 5.67.

His ancient average is irrelevant - a completely different rider now in terms of experience.  A not bad signing compared with some of the names that had been bandied about.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Does anyone know why the last 2 signings are 7.5 when that is not their true average.

Wiktor Lampart should be a 5.00 and not a 6.00 as well, Just like Tarasenko and Wojdylo were last year.

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Does anyone know why the last 2 signings are 7.5 when that is not their true average.

SCB Regs:

"010.2.3 Amended MA’s
With the approval of the BSP LTD GC or Directors for: -
a) riders who have been absent from British Speedway racing for
more than 3 seasons (The MA may be increased or decreased)"

1 minute ago, Roger Jacobs said:

SCB Regs:

"010.2.3 Amended MA’s
With the approval of the BSP LTD GC or Directors for: -
a) riders who have been absent from British Speedway racing for
more than 3 seasons (The MA may be increased or decreased)"

Who decides what the average will be in these cases.

Just now, Fromafar said:

Who decides what the average will be in these cases.

"Assessed rider gradings are calculated as follows: -
Riders new to Premiership League racing are categorised as follows: -
a) a rider riding in a professional league in the previous or current
season will be assessed on a Grading List. Based upon results obtained in all other professional Speedway leagues and given an Assessed MA accordingly"

And ... before you ask ... there doesn't appear to be a published list of gradings.

PS: I'm assuming they're classed as new riders because they don't have "current" CMAs.

2 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

"Assessed rider gradings are calculated as follows: -
Riders new to Premiership League racing are categorised as follows: -
a) a rider riding in a professional league in the previous or current
season will be assessed on a Grading List. Based upon results obtained in all other professional Speedway leagues and given an Assessed MA accordingly"

And ... before you ask ... there doesn't appear to be a published list of gradings.

PS: I'm assuming they're classed as new riders because they don't have "current" CMAs.

I was asking what Personal decide.BSPA or Certain Individuals given the task agreed by the Promotions.We all know hard and fast rules are on a fag  packet somewhere.

2 hours ago, eric i said:

I hoped for speedways and Birmingham's sake that the Brummies could have a succesful year but 2.59 under the points limit........ not good. 

I made it 1.6 with the 2 latest additions increased averages :t: But would of been over 4 if they hadn't " re assessed" their averages, which would of looked silly. Mean while i think Magics went down. :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I was asking what Personal decide.BSPA or Certain Individuals given the task agreed by the Promotions.We all know hard and fast rules are on a fag  packet somewhere.

You probably know who decides as well as I do, or even next door neighbour's pet dog does.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

….and this shows the depths we have stooped to, when a team signs some riders they are expecting to be missing that they are already checking to see if Chris Harris’ average fits and if he can guest.

I’m a big fan of shared roles in teams. Teams should have been able to have one shared position in a team, if they wished. That would have likely opened the flood gates abit more for the likes of Laguta and not make Milik etc seem a poor signing. 

I often think that Sweden is a much better gauge for how they are likely to perform in the UK. Piotr could be a cracking signing although he’s liable to a crash or two. Milik had big promise about 10 years ago but has failed to live up to that and I’ll be amazed if he averages above 7.

They should  have signed 1 and 5 first and built  the team round those 2.They would  have had more choice  then..As it stands this team isnt good enough..

30 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

They should  have signed 1 and 5 first and built  the team round those 2.They would  have had more choice  then..As it stands this team isnt good enough..

I agree with that. FWIW Milik isn’t the disastrous signing of this side - that is Lampart. Milik has now been labelled as a heat leader because of everyone that came before him.

If they are forking out for flights etc already for Lampart then they would have been better off using that for someone a damn sight lot better as they had the points spare to do so. Zengota, Smektala, Woryna, Lyager, Huckenbeck etc are all examples of someone who would have been far better than Lampart.

• Like 1

Guaranteed to be winners of the Wooden Spoon with the present 7 riders, the BSPL have even inflated the averages of 2 riders Milik and Lampart to make Birmingham look stronger than what they actually are, this team is simply not good enough and anyone that thinks it is needs to think again. It's admirable that the few Brummie supporters that come on here say that they at least have a team to watch, may I say Speedway is a Sport and as such it's competitive every rider want's to win, most supporters want to watch a winning Team, This team will not bring new fans through the gates, not many Wolves or Cradley fans will come over to watch a Team struggle to win a home meeting, and dare I say this team will also impact on other Teams when Birmingham are the visitors.

I fear for Birmingham Speedway because this Team needs leaders, Heat leaders and I can only see one of them, if they can get through the season that will be an achievement in itself.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I agree with that. FWIW Milik isn’t the disastrous signing of this side - that is Lampart. Milik has now been labelled as a heat leader because of everyone that came before him.

If they are forking out for flights etc already for Lampart then they would have been better off using that for someone a damn sight lot better as they had the points spare to do so. Zengota, Smektala, Woryna, Lyager, Huckenbeck etc are all examples of someone who would have been far better than Lampart.

Yeah .True ..