British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

On 11/21/2023 at 9:44 AM, the hobbit said:

so, just who do you think i is carrying out the current rider negotiations, if it id not Rogers ? Apparent we have several riders already signed. . Hope they aren’t Rigers signings. We sacked him last year bec he was incompetent and the fans and owners had had enough of him. 
he attended the AGM , still got his hands on matters he should be no where near.

If Rogers picks the team, and God forbid, is named as team manager then I will not be attend next season, after being a fan since the ‘70’s !!!! 

I agree, the first announcement should have been the new team manager snd, it should have been announced ages ago. For all the good this promotion  have done, they still seem to be making the same rookie mistakes, the biggest being their dismal communication with the fans. I’ve read in the Brummies forum that apparently, Nigel has said the first two signings will be announced at the Xmas party on December the 8th. After NOTHING being announced on the club website for an eternity, keeping the fans in the dark, how stupid is it to keep the signings back so long snd keep all the fans in the dark? They should be banging out as much news snd social media stuff as possible , not treating the fans like mushrooms!!! 

We desperately need a damn good team this year to attract the fans back snd  we never have had snd, never will have anything other than a CRAP team when Rogers  has picked it. Sadly, unless the promotion announce otherwise, it seems we are in for more of the same. Nigel Tolley continually promised us teams capable of challenging for honours but it seems his view of a great team, is very naive!!! Time to get someone in that CAN  and DOES  know how to put together a good team.

sadly, it seems we are in for more I the same naive management snd I fear, more hot air snd empty promises. Nigel meds to walk the walk snd that starts its communication, appointing a proper team manager, and minimising Roges’ involvement 

sadly, I think I am living in dream land , am in cuckoo land. I hope Nigel proves me wrong but, I doubt it 

When you think the most experienced Promoter in British Speedway is not involved for the first time for something like 40 years, He has and can again put together a successful and on a budget team, and he is speedway through and through, He lives 20 minutes from Perry Bar, Nigel PLEASE give CVS a call 

On 11/23/2023 at 3:54 PM, Phil The Ace said:

You all slate Zagar. Like aces fans did when we first signed him. But he’s loved by every aces fan now. 

hopefully it won’t be any different at Birmingham 

Would you love him if Bewley and Kurtz left and he was announced as your new no 1?

On 11/23/2023 at 1:06 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

If we start the season with Zagar as number 1

Two big variables in that statement. Firstly, the word "If" and secondly number "1"

Say Zagar was intended to be a #2 or #3? There's another thread where someone has posted a fantasy Brummies team that has the Pawlicki brothers in the Brummies team, and Piotr would certainly be above Zagar in those rankings. Another fantasy team lists Artem Laguta as the Brummies #1. 

I won't worry about Zagar being in the team until I see the whole team and what his part is in it. Until then, chill! 

• Like 1

Already with names mentioned youve the nucleus of a strong strength in depth side, zagars no n1 anymore but with brennan/ wright one other steady eddy  and a proper n1 youd have a fair top 5. Birminghams sides in the lower league have been complete filth tbh, if this is speedways last roll of the dice in brum  you gotta spend too achieve decent crowds, cvs would be a good man too try to turn the sinking ship around .

6 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Already with names mentioned youve the nucleus of a strong strength in depth side, zagars no n1 anymore but with brennan/ wright one other steady eddy  and a proper n1 youd have a fair top 5. Birminghams sides in the lower league have been complete filth tbh, if this is speedways last roll of the dice in brum  you gotta spend too achieve decent crowds, cvs would be a good man too try to turn the sinking ship around .

CVS knows how to run a team ...Brum need sum good quality  riders and a good number  1...

Could be that available riders are having to choose between Oxford and Birmingham to sign for. Perhaps similar situation to the past two seasons in the CL? If you were a rider, where would you prefer to be?

Just thought I'd pop over to take a look at the current state of affairs on here after a long hiatus.

This place never fails to mystify myself and a number of my colleagues who no longer post.
Here we have a saint of a man in Nigel Tolley who is prepared to go to extraordinary lengths in his attempts to keep our beloved sport alive in the second city and all that the majority on here can do is belittle his attempts, rubbish his decisions and generally decry him. I know its not everyone but there seems to be scant genuine support for him. He is assisting the rest of the UK speedway world in trying to bolster the flailing Premiership. Its all very well Sheffield trying to buy the title by grabbing the big guns before anyone else can get them but what are they actually achieving in finishing top of a 6 team pile, particularly if a couple of those teams are relatively weak and fail to see out the season.

Once again it seems that the powers that be can see no further than their collective noses.

I dont know why anyone bothers to pump their hard earned cash into these ventures, one can only hope that Nigel and others like him do not bother to read the bile that exudes from this site. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Villain said:

Just thought I'd pop over to take a look at the current state of affairs on here after a long hiatus.

This place never fails to mystify myself and a number of my colleagues who no longer post.
Here we have a saint of a man in Nigel Tolley who is prepared to go to extraordinary lengths in his attempts to keep our beloved sport alive in the second city and all that the majority on here can do is belittle his attempts, rubbish his decisions and generally decry him. I know its not everyone but there seems to be scant genuine support for him. He is assisting the rest of the UK speedway world in trying to bolster the flailing Premiership. Its all very well Sheffield trying to buy the title by grabbing the big guns before anyone else can get them but what are they actually achieving in finishing top of a 6 team pile, particularly if a couple of those teams are relatively weak and fail to see out the season.

Once again it seems that the powers that be can see no further than their collective noses.

I dont know why anyone bothers to pump their hard earned cash into these ventures, one can only hope that Nigel and others like him do not bother to read the bile that exudes from this site. 

Whether he reads it or not(there are plenty on here who do support him), he should be applauded for putting his money where his mouth is.it will now be up to the good folk of Brum and beyond to come out and support their  team and make sure that effort is paid back

Edited by Toady

2 hours ago, Villain said:

I don’t think anyone is belittling him but you need to look at the facts whether you or Mr Tolley agrees, they’ve been in the championship for 2 seasons and truthfully put out poor sides each season, on numerous occasions he’s came out and said crowds aren’t good enough. So he moves up a league higher rider costs but perhaps no increase in people through the turnstiles that is a huge risk for anyone to take. I don’t know if they are banking on attracting some wolves fans but if he is that’s a risky strategy imo and there’s only so much losing money someone can take.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Villain said:

I don't think I've seen anyone "belittle his attempts" or "decry" Nigel Tolley. Virtually everyone agrees he's doing his very best, probably doing too much in reality given the long term future. It's also widely acknowledged that the last two seasons of Championship teams have been naff.

Using the word "bile" in regards to people's thoughts on Nigel is so ridiculously untrue.

I would also question if the Premiership move is to assist the rest of the league, or because it's necessary because of stadium availability.

It's funny because it's always the people that say they don't post because of the "bile" on this site, posting their moaning and being negative like this. Oh, and the "number of colleagues" who've all happened to do the same - LOL.

• Like 2

N.T's use of his funds is totally up to him......but his best penny would be spent on appointing a Team Manager that has credibility when selecting a competitive team.

Somebody who knows what they're doing!

Surely he must know who is going to be the 'new' manager? 

Can't workout why this isn't announced by now?

Not that it 'really' matters when it's announced.

CVS/Sudden 'Sam' sounds like a good combo.

That's a great signing, would of loved to see him at Foxhall. Good start for you Brummies, Interesting days ahead for you Supporters. Intrigued who your big hitters are, exciting times.