British Speedway Forum

Brummies 2024...

Col

6 hours ago, JamesHarris said:

Would I be right in assuming that the Wolverhampton team will be moving to Birmingham? 

No, that’s incorrect 

Ryan Douglas likely to be at Leicester for starters.

Sam Masters would, I should think, double up with Oxford Spires in the Premiership and Oxford Cheetahs in the Championship.

6 hours ago, Spidvej said:

No, that’s incorrect 

Sam Masters would, I should think, double up with Oxford Spires in the Premiership and Oxford Cheetahs in the Championship.

Chris Harris first signing 

Obviously theres funding been found behind the scenes etc but last year figures of 1000 gates for break even and 4-500 actually attending.  Looks like even more needed this year, has any club ever increased its average gate 200% in a season?  I admire what Tolley is doing (living his personal dream) but i fear he has become very blinkered, that said i will be first to congratulate should this become a success. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spidvej said:

No, that’s incorrect 

Rumours were that Masters was going to Liecester .Circumstances have changed though,so who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Rumours were that Masters was going to Liecester .Circumstances have changed though,so who knows.

Very True

Gonna be a few strange weeks at Cowley for sure :

Weds Night - C’mon Cheetahs fans, a round of applause for your number 1,  John Smith ! 

Thurs Night -  A big welcome to Leicester number 1, and of course, Cheetahs favourite, John Smith, who captains Leicester against the Spires tonight ! 

We will see that at Crowley a few times in 2024…Try explaining it to casual fans and also younger fans…

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spidvej said:

Very True

Gonna be a few strange weeks at Cowley for sure :

Weds Night - C’mon Cheetahs fans, a round of applause for your number 1,  John Smith ! 

Thurs Night -  A big welcome to Leicester number 1, and of course, Cheetahs favourite, John Smith, who captains Leicester against the Spires tonight ! 

We will see that at Crowley a few times in 2024…Try explaining it to casual fans and also younger fans…

That’s Speedway nowadays.Enjoy the racing.The trophy’s are just a sideshow.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Obviously theres funding been found behind the scenes etc but last year figures of 1000 gates for break even and 4-500 actually attending.  Looks like even more needed this year, has any club ever increased its average gate 200% in a season?  I admire what Tolley is doing (living his personal dream) but i fear he has become very blinkered, that said i will be first to congratulate should this become a success. 

But will you be first on the queue to buy a season ticket or brummies TV subscription?

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

No point in having the top riders if you can't park anywhere or see the track when you get there 

Where you stand/sit is up to you, there are many places and parking is is your responsibility. The club has car parks and local industrial units that can be used. Speedway is the only sport I know where fans complain about parking.  

1 hour ago, Petecc said:

Speedway is the only sport I know where fans complain about parking.

You've just noticed? And they complain about paying for programmes, and they complain about paying more than £10 admission, and they complain about the cost of catering....notice a trend?

If speedway fans can't complain about the cost of something, it ain't worth having.

• Like 1