British Speedway Forum

Oxford Spires 2024

15 minutes ago, orion said:

No idea what this is about. Must be some method in the madness or some master plan coming up.

All of the changes so far have just felt like cost cutting.

they won’t change the reserves at this stage and the Riss connections have been heavily discussed so it’s only really wright or Harris that would go and unless it’s Zmarzlik/Vaculik coming in there isn’t any point to those 

• Like 2

With the Spires scheduled to have completed 75% of their league fixtures this coming Monday at Belle Vue that means no more changes after that fixture so unless they have made another change or changes yet to be announced (and who will be riding at Belle Vue) Killeen for Kemp is the final one.

29 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

One change in a team can help with a rebuild. Two starts to be unsettling. Three has riders looking over their shoulders wondering if they’re next. 
Oxford have dropped Kerr twice, Klindt, Cook, and now Kemp. I think I see the pattern - every rider has a K in their name. If I was JanowsKi, EriRiss, or even LuKKillen (two of them!) I’d be worried. 
Unless it’s all a plan by ShroeK to have room to bring in ZmarzliK!

Maybe a come back for Petri KoKKo is on the cards

43 minutes ago, DJC said:

All of the changes so far have just felt like cost cutting.

they won’t change the reserves at this stage and the Riss connections have been heavily discussed so it’s only really wright or Harris that would go and unless it’s Zmarzlik/Vaculik coming in there isn’t any point to those 

With the points Oxford have spare,they wouldn't have needed to make all those changes to accommodate Zmarzlik/Vaculik.If it was Wright/Harris to go they could have easily got Zmarzlik or Vaculik in a straight swap for them.

1 hour ago, Weeyin said:

I suspect they dropped Kemp to keep Killeen, perhaps Belle Vue were looking at Killeen as a replacement for Bailey as RS, I remember Edinburgh tried to sign Killeen at last season  as he had been guesting and it was not allowed by Oxford as they wanted to keep him on a 2 point average for this season, he was allowed to guest

That doesn't really make sense to me, how does weakening yourselves to stop Belle Vue strengthening help Oxford against Sheffield or Ipswich if they make the play-offs?

Plus Belle Vue have the options of Joe T, Mulford & both Scunny reserves for a RS.

Wright must be getting sacked otherwise something financial is going on.

Tungate, Janowski, Harris and Boughen aren't going, Riss is bulletproof when it comes to Peter playing favourites so it only leaves Wright.

13 minutes ago, TTT said:

Wright must be getting sacked otherwise something financial is going on.

Tungate, Janowski, Harris and Boughen aren't going, Riss is bulletproof when it comes to Peter playing favourites so it only leaves Wright.

That doesn't make sense. Why not just replace Kemp with Vaculik/Zmarzlik.

... unless of course they are both being signed. :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Clearly a financial decision surely, is running the 3 teams starting to take its toll on the money side of the club? 

Surely if it’s a financial decision then magic would be gone. Especially if he is being paid as a number one but riding like a second string. 
can’t see much of a saving on kemp for Killeen personally. 
It’s a double whammy too as not only are you replacing a second string with a reserve you are also loosing a high scoring reserve into the team. 
then to make this move now and jeopardise your place in the playoffs is beyond madness. 

3 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Surely if it’s a financial decision then magic would be gone. Especially if he is being paid as a number one but riding like a second string. 
can’t see much of a saving on kemp for Killeen personally. 
It’s a double whammy too as not only are you replacing a second string with a reserve you are also loosing a high scoring reserve into the team. 
then to make this move now and jeopardise your place in the playoffs is beyond madness. 

Maybe it’s more the champ side isn't making any money so savings have to be made? 

37 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I think your first 3 words explain it perfectly.

At the minute the Killeen for Kemp change makes little or no sense, should a second change be incoming, a Laguta or a Zmarzlik for example then maybe it was worth doing.