British Speedway Forum

Oxford Spires 2024

On 6/19/2024 at 9:25 AM, ruckerroo said:

The riders are all out of position because magics been generally way below par , thats forced everything else .

On 6/19/2024 at 10:16 AM, foreverblue said:

But with his new lower average, it gives you a massive chance to improve the team.

They've been below the limit for some time now, don't seem to have any plans to improve the team imo. Seems strange that they'd give up on Klindt so early, but not bother making changes when they have points available (for both teams).

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

They've been below the limit for some time now, don't seem to have any plans to improve the team imo. Seems strange that they'd give up on Klindt so early, but not bother making changes when they have points available (for both teams).

Yes Klindt should have been given more time, I know he wasnt great early on but he is now showing his true form so a bit of a hasty decision. They need a top rider but apparently Riss wont be dropped. I said at the start of the season Oxford Premiership team were good and they would be had they kept Klindt.

Kerr and Riss both fail to beat an opponent again last night. No chance we finish 4th with this line up, scrambling over the line at home and regular 10-20 pt defeats away means no bonus points. I can see two home defeats next week against Sheffield and Ipswich, season over.

It doesn't even need GP standard riders, experienced riders who have ridden here before like Thorsell/Lahti/Pawlicki/Woryna would be an improvement or go the other way with a youngster with a view to next season. 

Having had spare points for so long, it appears from the outside like a can't be bothered scenario, that's never really looked the case since our return to the sport. Maybe they are/have been looking, I'm not suggesting it's easy.

•  

Surely Oxford have gotta go and get a GP rider on a 8 average at the very least,think the form of Riss has dipped alarmingly I would get someone to replace him and then get magic to reserve then it would be sorted a whopping total of 6pts under the limit before any changes 

26 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Drew kemp replaces Lewis Kerr 

Can't understand that decision, Kemp did his job at 6 for Leicester (4 points average) but now he'll have to ride in the top 5 at Oxford!

I make that 3 times Oxford have de-strengthend this year

Riss for Klindt

Kerr for Cook

Kemp for Kerr

For a team well under the limit, baffles me. Maybe they don't want to make the play-offs due to lack of dates?

• Like 3

Just seems cost cutting is being put in place as the opportunity to bring in a rider who would have made Oxford real contenders has been passed up. Nothing against Drew Kemp but this move weakness the team yet again. Hopefully other changes are planned to prove me wrong 

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

How many points do Oxford have available? Also Kerr back to KL now...:unsure:

I’d gladly welcome Lewi Kerr back to the Stars at reserve with Rowe :D which would move Wojdylo to 2, but he is more than good enough to ride there 

• Like 1

Finances already causing problems at Oxford because you don't make your team weaker with every change you make.

It never was sustainable running in all 3 leagues.

• Like 1