British Speedway Forum

Oxford Spires 2024

Oxford have a such a cunning plan that Baldrick would be happy with.Not to make the plays offs by making the team weaker 

On 7/24/2024 at 8:28 PM, szkocjasid said:

Why didn't the Spires sign Heeps?

On 7/25/2024 at 1:04 PM, Christine Hawes said:

Bomber has posted on Oxford Speedway Supporters Facebook page that Heeps was asked but didn't want to do it.

That would make sense

I think Cam's days of chasing a top league place are over (although never say never!)

I think the fact he is riding for fun as such rather than needing to perform is perversely meaning he is enjoying it and therefore actually doing better

A great guy and a fantastically talented racer. It's great to see him with a smile and getting some  big scores

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, iainb said:

Question for Spires fans: Would you have Magic back next season, has he been a success?

Average nearly 8 away

Only missed one match all season

Green sheet av way below recent form.

What's not to like?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Question for Spires fans: Would you have Magic back next season, has he been a success?

All teams would have him I would think...

• Like 4

Interesting...

Quite a positive reaction for a rider whose average has dropped by a point this season and 2 points from his last stint on our shores!

I've quite often had a pretty negative opinion of a rider that calls himself "Magic" while his performances on the world stage have often fitted into the Tragic category! Negative opinion mainly because his performances on the track have not lived up to his immense talent on a Speedway bike and that really annoys me, he's a bit Bewley like in that respect, you see him at his best and you think nobody will beat him ever again and then just goes missing for periods of time.

I've got to say that my mind has been turned this season, after the initial disappointment of him not being the world class number one that, I think, most people, including the Oxford promotion, expected to see, I really expected to see him binned off as Oxford chased for honours... didn't happen though and I for one am glad it didn't. There was no pishing the fans and club about from him like some of the other foreign imports, he just stuck at it, kept turning up, riding his Speedway, putting in the effort and gradually got better as the year went on. Every time I saw him, there was 100% effort in all of his races, none of this quitting after a couple of laps and trundling around at the back or pulling off onto the centre... and that's all you can ask for as a fan.

He is on a tempting average for next season, lowish considering his late season purple patch and who knows he may revert to type next season... but I'd have him back, first name on the team sheet if I were a Spires fan, a class act!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, iainb said:

Interesting...

Quite a positive reaction for a rider whose average has dropped by a point this season and 2 points from his last stint on our shores!

I've quite often had a pretty negative opinion of a rider that calls himself "Magic" while his performances on the world stage have often fitted into the Tragic category! Negative opinion mainly because his performances on the track have not lived up to his immense talent on a Speedway bike and that really annoys me, he's a bit Bewley like in that respect, you see him at his best and you think nobody will beat him ever again and then just goes missing for periods of time.

I've got to say that my mind has been turned this season, after the initial disappointment of him not being the world class number one that, I think, most people, including the Oxford promotion, expected to see, I really expected to see him binned off as Oxford chased for honours... didn't happen though and I for one am glad it didn't. There was no pishing the fans and club about from him like some of the other foreign imports, he just stuck at it, kept turning up, riding his Speedway, putting in the effort and gradually got better as the year went on. Every time I saw him, there was 100% effort in all of his races, none of this quitting after a couple of laps and trundling around at the back or pulling off onto the centre... and that's all you can ask for as a fan.

He is on a tempting average for next season, lowish considering his late season purple patch and who knows he may revert to type next season... but I'd have him back, first name on the team sheet if I were a Spires fan, a class act!

Magic is just a play on his name Maciej, isn't it?