British Speedway Forum

Oxford Spires 2024

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I can't believe anyone other than Peter Schroeck thinks this is the "secret ingredient" to make the play-offs. What about Paco Castagna, Zach Cook, Connor Mountain or Cameron Heeps?

...... or Lewis Kerr. :unsure:

45 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Never should of dropped Kerr in the first place.

Yeah, that was my point. Awful decision. We've now got the same reserve pairing in the Premiership that we started with in the Championship.

The FB preview by Oxford says 

"We’ve got a team that are proud to represent you" 

I see two meanings of this

1) they are suggesting Klindt, Kerr or Kemp weren't proud to represent the Spires, now they have a team that are?

2) it's the only truthful thing they could think to say? For example they can't say "looking forward to seeing our strengthened team for the first time" or "We've got a team built to conquer the mighty Aces on home soil" or "here's your new Spires ready to qualify for the play-offs"

Or am I just reading too much into a simple sentence?

We’ve got a team that are proud to represent you" 

EDIT I guess it's a comment if expect from Lynn if Kerr replaced Musielak or Brummies if Castagna replaced Pawlicki - everyone knows they're weaker, but letting the fans know the replacements will give their all?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

There were rumours on the terraces at the time that Klindt asked to leave to go to ride for KL. Doubt Kerr asked to leave and he was very like by the fans. Giving Killeen more time on a bike helps the Cheetahs who look second best in the Championship after Poole  or at least joint second with Scunthorpe. 

30 minutes ago, Anzum said:

There were rumours on the terraces at the time that Klindt asked to leave to go to ride for KL. Doubt Kerr asked to leave and he was very like by the fans. Giving Killeen more time on a bike helps the Cheetahs who look second best in the Championship after Poole or at least joint second with Scunthorpe. 

I can only go by what I've heard officially & Klindt certainly wasn't happy when he was dropped after 3 matches.

As for your last point, I honestly think Spires had a better chance of winning the league than the Cheetahs.

• Thanks 1

With the riding order changed, it's dawned on me Oxford have weakened in 3 different ways.

1) Riss will score less in the main body of the team.

2) Boughen will score less, now he's not the RS.

3) Killeen will score less as a RS than Boughen did.

That's some going when making ONE change lol!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I never seen a team who are trying to put out a  worst side to not make the play offs. Please tell me there is a master plan

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

I never seen a team who are trying to put out a  worst side to not make the play offs. Please tell me there is a master plan

I can't understand it. It's like Schroeck has decided to drop every rider who's underperformed even if there's not a stronger replacement out there?

Except Janowski.

Like you I'm struggling to think of a time something like this has happened before

• Like 1

18 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Looks like I've been blocked from the Oxford FB page. Shame clubs can't be as quick to block all the scammers lol!

Can't deny I'm disappointed, I don't swear, I'm not abusive to riders, I don't suggest they aren't trying. However I am honest when I comment, such as I think Kemp is better than Killeen & Kerr is better than Kemp.

Surely when Oxford made those changes, they must have known they'd come under plenty of stick for it?

If they blocked everyone who disagreed with Schroeck's team managing, there'd be virtually no one left!

Same for me by saying by replying to someone saying I don’t know what the fans are expecting the management to do. I replied with ‘probably not to weaken the team with every rider change. Quite simple really’

And in response to who do you suggest they sign  

‘Not for me to suggest who they sign but every single change has reduced the team average.

Simple maths means we are weaker. Previous rules i actually think we were close to the minimum averages’

These were worthy of being removed. Nothing controversial but obviously someone doesn't like not blowing smoke up the management teams bottom .

As Ricky Gervais said ’This is the thing about freedom of speech. Everyone agrees with it until you hear something you don’t like’  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I can't understand it. It's like Schroeck has decided to drop every rider who's underperformed even if there's not a stronger replacement out there?

Except Janowski.

Like you I'm struggling to think of a time something like this has happened before

Seems he hits the panic button quick, and in doing so is making foolish mistakes.

On 7/23/2024 at 9:13 AM, szkocjasid said:

Except Janowski.

That’s assuming it’s Schroeck making the decisions, he seems about as adept as Ermolenko in the role.

2 hours ago, rearingtogo said:

Seems he hits the panic button quick, and in doing so is making foolish mistakes.

seen it all before - terrible team manager at Rye and sacked by K Lynn 

• Like 4

On 7/23/2024 at 7:43 AM, orion said:

If theres no master plan then as you say its plain madness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, J-D said:

Same for me by saying by replying to someone saying I don’t know what the fans are expecting the management to do. I replied with ‘probably not to weaken the team with every rider change. Quite simple really’

And in response to who do you suggest they sign  

‘Not for me to suggest who they sign but every single change has reduced the team average.

Simple maths means we are weaker. Previous rules i actually think we were close to the minimum averages’

These were worthy of being removed. Nothing controversial but obviously someone doesn't like not blowing smoke up the management teams bottom .

As Ricky Gervais said ’This is the thing about freedom of speech. Everyone agrees with it until you hear something you don’t like’ 

I just went over the Oxford Speedway Facebook page and 99% of the comments are positive about the team changes. It's more censored than the Russian media! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, startline sid said:

seen it all before - terrible team manager at Rye and sacked by K Lynn 

always seems to happen in speedway, not sure how the same awful team managers get jobs every year. old boys club springs to mind

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

I just went over the Oxford Speedway Facebook page and 99% of the comments are positive about the team changes. It's more censored than the Russian media! 

Dare i say ..back in the USSR ?

• Haha 1