British Speedway Forum

Oxford Spires 2024

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

He went to Poole hospital for x rays, I believe it was precautionary so hopefully will be back very soon.

That's 2 falls on his return don't think he is fully fit ??

• 3 weeks later...

Kerr Riss and being well under the limit leaves plenty of room for improvement, alongside only just winning at home, no chance of any bonus points. 

If we are serious about trying to finish in the play offs, changes needed fast. 

Or are we happy to just see the season out and see if running 3 teams is viable?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hilly said:

Kerr Riss and being well under the limit leaves plenty of room for improvement, alongside only just winning at home, no chance of any bonus points. 

Or are we happy to just see the season out and see if running 3 teams is viable?

Good to see Magic hitting a bit of form, Kerr and Riss were woeful considering they are ex Kings Lynn riders, maybe a bit of grace could be given to Kerr as he is just back from injury.

9 hours ago, Hilly said:

Could never understand why Klindt was dropped so early (he was coming back from a very serious injury) - a far better rider than his replacement - 

Edited by startline sid
splelling
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, startline sid said:

Could never understand why Klindt was dropped so early (he was coming back from a very serious injury) - a far better rider than his replacement - 

Magic may not be the rider he was but he is a lot better than his current average so it has to be Riss that goes in my opinion.

10 hours ago, Hilly said:

Can easily see the Spires finishing bottom the way things are going, especially with Lynn and Birmingham improved. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Magic may not be the rider he was but he is a lot better than his current average so it has to be Riss that goes in my opinion.

that won't happen Peter is a friend of the Riss family (he even said so) so i think his judgement is clouded

• Like 1

Great riding from Magic, weren't a lot to choose between the top 5 of each team. Alun Rossiter is a very good proven manager, knows how to win top league titles, 3 with Swindon and 1 with Coventry, an ex-rider, should be managing in the Premier.

Edited by auntie doris

24 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Great riding from Magic, weren't a lot to choose between the top 5 of each team. Alan Rossiter is a very good manager, knows how to win top league titles, 3 with Swindon and 1 with Coventry, should be managing in the Premier.

Rosco is too busy trying to revive Swindon.

As for replacements, they are few and far between, a few outside the box suggestions 

Janowski could influence Laguta or Gusts, i believe Lindback is still riding somewhere and think his average is reasonable

Not sure if Zagar still has no club? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Rosco is too busy trying to revive Swindon.

As for replacements, they are few and far between, a few outside the box suggestions 

Janowski could influence Laguta or Gusts, i believe Lindback is still riding somewhere and think his average is reasonable

Not sure if Zagar still has no club? 

If Birmingham can entice Lindgren and Kings Lynn Kvech then I think Oxford could and should get someone in with the points they have spare. 

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

If Birmingham can entice Lindgren and Kings Lynn Kvech then I think Oxford could and should get someone in with the points they have spare. 

Lindgren and Kvech only were enticed as they wanted to ride and agreed terms, its not a forgone conclusion that others will still follow

You could probably write a much longer list of who won't race in Britain than who would as some won't ever grace these shores and some simply don't fancy it

I wonder if Oxford could put something together like

Tungate

Wright 

Harris

Przedpelski

Janowski 

Lindback

Boughen

3 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Lindgren and Kvech only were enticed as they wanted to ride and agreed terms, its not a forgone conclusion that others will still follow

You could probably write a much longer list of who won't race in Britain than who would as some won't ever grace these shores and some simply don't fancy it

I wonder if Oxford could put something together like

Tungate

Wright 

Harris

Przedpelski

Janowski 

Lindback

Boughen

Lynn fan here. Just questioning are Przedpelski and Lindback really upgrades for Oxford? 

Don’t think Tungate is cut out to be a No. 1 on a consistent basis after seeing him last night. Think they need to find a top-level rider on an 8.00 and push everyone down a place. 

1. Laguta? Janowski could tempt him… know he wasn’t the most reliable for us last year, a lot of factors contributed to that though 

2. Harris

3. Wright

4. Janowski

5. Tungate

6. Kerr 

7. Boughen

20 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Lynn fan here. Just questioning are Przedpelski and Lindback really upgrades for Oxford? 

Don’t think Tungate is cut out to be a No. 1 on a consistent basis after seeing him last night. Think they need to find a top-level rider on an 8.00 and push everyone down a place. 

1. Laguta? Janowski could tempt him… know he wasn’t the most reliable for us last year, a lot of factors contributed to that though 

2. Harris

3. Wright

4. Janowski

5. Tungate

6. Kerr 

7. Boughen

Przedpelski was in the GPs last year and think Oxford would suit him, might struggle at Foxhall.

Lindback probably not an upgrade as such but he's an exciting rider, pretty sure his average is quite low from his last stint if he comes in near that, worth a gamble, and a gamble is what Oxford have to take.

30 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

2. Harris

3. Wright

4. Janowski

5. Tungate

6. Kerr 

7. Boughen

Laguta would be a cracking signing at Oxford and I think that team would take some beating at home. However don’t see any chance of it, I think realistically Oxford will be 4th with what they have. Can’t see the teams below them now catching them.

3 minutes ago, 1stbender said:

Laguta would be a cracking signing at Oxford and I think that team would take some beating at home. However don’t see any chance of it, I think realistically Oxford will be 4th with what they have. Can’t see the teams below them now catching them.

I remember there was some talk of you signing a GP rider, but that seems to have gone all quiet…?

13 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Przedpelski was in the GPs last year and think Oxford would suit him, might struggle at Foxhall.

Lindback probably not an upgrade as such but he's an exciting rider, pretty sure his average is quite low from his last stint if he comes in near that, worth a gamble, and a gamble is what Oxford have to take.

As a Poole fan, love to see Lindback again but I dont think he is the answer, I think Oxford need a top rider maybe Vaculik.