British Speedway Forum

Oxford Spires 2024

16 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

1) I never went week in week out.

2) I never went with the intention of supporting the opposition of Swindon. I went with the sole purpose of watching some speedway. But I never ‘converted’ to becoming a Swindon fan just because they were now my local club. They had been Oxford’s rivals for years, so I naturally didn’t want them to win. Some people find that weird. Go figure?

i thought the above two points were abundantly clear from previous posts. 

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz.....Still playing the victim!

Not wanting a team to win, is supporting the opposition IMO!

FFS....move on!

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz.....Still playing the victim!

Not wanting a team to win, is supporting the opposition IMO!

FFS....move on!

As the saying goes, 'don't try and reason with an idiot'. Lesson learned. I'll let you get back to drinking.

6 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I've seen this mentioned a few times on here, but presumed it was just hearsay. Haven't heard any actual names.

Don't think this is happening. Seems like Cook will remain, Kerr goes and everything else stays the same. Toady will be pleased.

How are the attendances holding up at Sandy Lane? Compared to previous couple of seasons. Still have warmer weather and school holidays to come which will boost crowds.

12 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

How are the attendances holding up at Sandy Lane? Compared to previous couple of seasons. Still have warmer weather and school holidays to come which will boost crowds.

Prem: reasonable

Champ: a little disappointing

NDL: spectacularly good 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, arnieg said:

If I had to guess, I'd say something like...

Prem: 2,000-2,500
Champ: 1,000-1,500
NDL: 750-1,250

Fluctuates depending on the fixtures/weather forecasts as well. Ipswich crowd for the Spires match was huge, but was much smaller for King's Lynn for example.

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

It was always going to be a risk running 3 teams, good to see the youngsters well supported. If the Ox can attract good support from the many millions that live within a reasonable distance, such as half of London, Swindon, Reading, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Luton, Watford, Northampton, etc.,speedway can be a success and survive in this country:t:

Edited by auntie doris

3 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

As the saying goes, 'don't try and reason with an idiot'. Lesson learned. I'll let you get back to drinking.

A bit rich coming from a 'tool' that believes there's such a thing as a 'proper fan' ? ....

:drink:

23 minutes ago, Hilly said:

Lindgren now at Brum while we still have 5 points going spare. 

Was this going to be your signing do you think? Or is that still to come?

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Maybe they are waiting to see who Brum drop? If it is Steve Worrall, he did quite well at Oxford for Glasgow. 

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Don't think Freddie was on the horizon but need to move before our next home meeting i reckon.

2 minutes ago, Hilly said:

Don't think Freddie was on the horizon but need to move before our next home meeting i reckon.

I think @flagrag said that Janowski was going to be replaced by a GP rider for tomorrow's visit to Leicester, that obviously ain't going to happen now. 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe they are waiting to see who Brum drop? If it is Steve Worrall, he did quite well at Oxford for Glasgow. 

All 7 maybe available before the end of the season!

4 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Does that sort of nonsense make you happy?

No, I would have used a smiley face or something if it did. 

Does forcing an understrength team to compete in the PL because they can only ride Monday nights nonsense make you happy?

Edited by iainb

On 5/17/2024 at 4:25 PM, Bojangles said:

He might not score as well as Wright or Harris, but his average is 1/1.5 pt lower than them - which gives Oxford more breathing space to bring in someone else on a higher average - such as a certain GP rider that's been mentioned in another thread. It is - of course - swings and roundabouts, and there's no guarantee it'll happen, but Oxford have points to play with either way.

Would Kerr fit in at 6 for Leicester replacing Kemp? Must only be a matter of time until Janowski is replaced by someone capable of consistent No.1 scoring.

The GP rider is probably Huckenbeck imo.

German manager has already bought one German rider in so why not bring in another?

I don't see who else it could be because Robert Lambert would certainly end up at KL if he wanted to race over here.............Unless Buster is broke?????