British Speedway Forum

Oxford Spires 2024

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Well Musielaks form at home hasnt been great .

51 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Correct. 4.57 so far this season.

With the caveat that it's only been from seven rides, including two FX's.

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

With the caveat that it's only been from seven rides, including two FX's.

He started a few meetings slowly, but was soon on it. Way to good not to be. I know i'm quick on stats, but knew Toby would come good quickly. :)

Edited by Bald Bloke

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Harris could be the next to go…

him or wright ? having attended last nights meeting at NSS i noticed cook has team kevlars which would imply he's staying ?

1 hour ago, AceBelle said:

him or wright ? having attended last nights meeting at NSS i noticed cook has team kevlars which would imply he's staying ?

Give me Wright for MPT . Would even take Bomber at a push ;)

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Kerr back riding for Berwick. Wonder what Oxford will do?

Hardly gonna chuck craig cook out of the side, so back to kings lynn he may go

1 minute ago, rearingtogo said:

Certainly can't drop Cook, I mean would they look at dropping Janowski, has a lower average than Kerr (2024 meetings) but must cost more?

Just now, szkocjasid said:

Certainly can't drop Cook, I mean would they look at dropping Janowski, has a lower average than Kerr (2024 meetings) but must cost more?

Yes that could be an option if his average is better. I have a feeling Janowski will move forward form wise after is excellent performance at Belle Vue recently

1 minute ago, rearingtogo said:

Yes that could be an option if his average is better. I have a feeling Janowski will move forward form wise after is excellent performance at Belle Vue recently

Every match I expect Janowski to get going & score 12/13/14, it hasn't happened yet, but the risk is there if you let him go, he could do that for another team

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Surely not if the rider he is temporarily replacing is back racing and ready to re-take his place?

As a permenent replacement, there is no reason why that can’t happen.

• Like 1

Surely they won't let Kerr go. He's a huge asset at reserve. Stick with Kerr, Cook in the main body of the team and replace Harris/Wright/Janowski with all those extra points they'll have.

22 hours ago, rearingtogo said:

Wouldn't be for me. I'm not sure he's better than MPT or Patryk W, at this stage. Mind you Bomber or Wright, would get my attention for MPT.  

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Surely they won't let Kerr go. He's a huge asset at reserve. Stick with Kerr, Cook in the main body of the team and replace Harris/Wright/Janowski with all those extra points they'll have.

But all 3 of those riders would score well at reserve so if it is Kerr that goes I don’t see it weakening the team.

If you keep Kerr and Cook I think Kerr will be in the main body of the team and I don’t see him scoring aswell as the other riders you have mentioned.

56 minutes ago, Tim G said:

But all 3 of those riders would score well at reserve so if it is Kerr that goes I don’t see it weakening the team.

If you keep Kerr and Cook I think Kerr will be in the main body of the team and I don’t see him scoring aswell as the other riders you have mentioned.

He might not score as well as Wright or Harris, but his average is 1/1.5 pt lower than them - which gives Oxford more breathing space to bring in someone else on a higher average - such as a certain GP rider that's been mentioned in another thread. It is - of course - swings and roundabouts, and there's no guarantee it'll happen, but Oxford have points to play with either way.

Edited by Bojangles

2 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

He might not score as well as Wright or Harris, but his average is 1/1.5 pt lower than them - which gives Oxford more breathing space to bring in someone else on a higher average - such as a certain GP rider that's been mentioned in another thread. It is - of course - swings and roundabouts, and there's no guarantee it'll happen, but Oxford have points to play with either way.

There's enough points spare to do anything they want, no reason for average to come into it.