British Speedway Forum

Speedway of Nations 2024

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

What is street parking like around the stadium? Is there ample free parking? £10 is a rip off but I don’t want to get there and there’s nowhere to actually park. 

Usually there is some, but for the last SoN it was all coned off with police enforcement notices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Usually there is some, but for the last SoN it was all coned off with police enforcement notices.

yes its not just the speedway authorities is also the government who take the p!!!ss

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

£10 for parking is disgusting.

The fact its been announced after ticket sales have been open for so long makes it even worse. 

They bleated about having to have such expensive tickets as it's expensive to put on then release those prices a month later. Not a great look.

• Like 1

I was watching a bit of Welcome to Wrexham last night and they put a 2,500 seat temporary stand in at a cost of $1m, so if the SoN stand is costing anywhere near that amount then it may go some way to explaining the extortionate ticket prices!

21 hours ago, DJC said:

The fact its been announced after ticket sales have been open for so long makes it even worse. 

They bleated about having to have such expensive tickets as it's expensive to put on then release those prices a month later. Not a great look.

Only fair to consider costs involved, I would imagine that there is a cost involved with renting the space for car parks ( with exception on Sth Stand) and security team to man them, all will ultimately be reflected in the end price.

For comparison the cost of parking at newly opened co-op arena nearby is £25 per event  (even when they end up being cancelled!) 

12 minutes ago, NickB said:

Only fair to consider costs involved, I would imagine that there is a cost involved with renting the space for car parks ( with exception on Sth Stand) and security team to man them, all will ultimately be reflected in the end price.

For comparison the cost of parking at newly opened co-op arena nearby is £25 per event  (even when they end up being cancelled!) 

Its fair and I do appreciate the additional costs, it's the timing that doesn't make it feel right personally. All those factors would have been known when ticket's were released.

Do you have to pay to park on a regular Monday? 

4 hours ago, DJC said:

Its fair and I do appreciate the additional costs, it's the timing that doesn't make it feel right personally. All those factors would have been known when ticket's were released.

Do you have to pay to park on a regular Monday? 

Yes, parking is £3.00 per match for both Aces and Colts.

There are also parking season tickets available.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, iainb said:

I was watching a bit of Welcome to Wrexham last night and they put a 2,500 seat temporary stand in at a cost of $1m, so if the SoN stand is costing anywhere near that amount then it may go some way to explaining the extortionate ticket prices!

But Wrexham will fill that stand 23 times a season, plus Cup matches 

So a million dollars, which is around £790-800K looks like a shrewd investment when you take into account food, drink and merchandise sales on top.

21 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

But Wrexham will fill that stand 23 times a season, plus Cup matches 

So a million dollars, which is around £790-800K looks like a shrewd investment when you take into account food, drink and merchandise sales on top.

They were still projecting a $0.5m loss on it!!! (Whether that was for the benefit of TV though I don't know)

Edited by iainb

On 6/14/2024 at 7:34 AM, iainb said:

It is 6 figures its costing,  and has led to the high costs along with the high amount Discovery are charging.

I'm not an economic business person but whether they were hoping for more sponsorship etc but with the high ticket prices obviously lot of people not attending now and that stand not required really.

On 6/14/2024 at 6:20 AM, NickB said:

If it makes you feel better, the parking prices for the 2023 Baseball World Series were $220-$320 - per game...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, gjcone44 said:

well for the 1st 3 meetings im going on my bike. parking where tractor comes out. and its free, (well it is for a normal meeting.)

You won't be getting anywhere near there, there is 3000 seat grandstand being built there plus that will be a standing area. 

£28 for sausage and mash and apple pie now.

Normal menu is £14 without a desert isn’t it? Talk about ‘surge pricing’, have Uber started sponsoring the SON?