British Speedway Forum

Speedway of Nations 2024

54 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Terrible ticket sales but that’s what you get with the ridiculous pricing structure.

I wouldn't say Terrible, but yes prices have stopped it being a bigger crowd, they may have sold out a world cup at those prices but not the nations. 

31 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Not just the pricing structure.

Imagine Fifa organising a World Cup without Mbappe and Messi.

Imagine F1 organising a Championship without Max and Lewis.

Imagine Wimbledon without Djokovic and Nadal.

By excluding Artem & Emil from this event, the FIM have shot themselves in the foot.

Blah Blah Blah:blink:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

I wouldn't say Terrible, but yes prices have stopped it being a bigger crowd, they may have sold out a world cup at those prices but not the nations. 

We will have to disagree on that one, the temporary stand looks like it has plenty of seats available.i think if you have a back straight ticket you could be getting a nice free upgrade.

I do agree about the WTC, it’s a better format.

1 hour ago, Tim G said:

Terrible ticket sales but that’s what you get with the ridiculous pricing structure.

I am sure that the pricing structure was in part dictated by Discovery+ and the requirements of putting on the meeting for TV audience which in all fairness is limited because it is not on the main Eurosport channel but a subsidiary. If as reported it has cost the NSS circa £500k to put on these meetings the maths dictates what needs to be charged. A shame really but with no major sponsors underwriting the meeting it is what it is. U K speedway simply cannot afford this type of tournament.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tim G said:

We will have to disagree on that one, the temporary stand looks like it has plenty of seats available.i think if you have a back straight ticket you could be getting a nice free upgrade.

I just don’t see where the 700 odd tickets in the Temporary Stand that have been sold are sitting.Hundreds of seats according to plan.

3 hours ago, Tim G said:

Upgrade? I wont be swapping my back straight ticket to sit there, the South Stand is by far the best place to watch from at the NSS.  I sat in that East Stand for the world cup and it's nowhere near as good as the South Stand .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

I just don’t see where the 700 odd tickets in the Temporary Stand that have been sold are sitting.Hundreds of seats according to plan.

Only about 500 sold in that stand seems to have gone down from yesterday, so it must have been wrong.  The crowd is around 3.4k as of this afternoon, at minimum of £65 that's a lot of money, but do wonder whether we actually need the temporary stand.  The stadium can hold around 3.4k without it. 

10 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Only about 500 sold in that stand seems to have gone down from yesterday, so it must have been wrong.  The crowd is around 3.4k as of this afternoon, at minimum of £65 that's a lot of money, but do wonder whether we actually need the temporary stand.  The stadium can hold around 3.4k without it. 

The stadium could have held 4000 without it using standing on that bend as they did for 2021. But  it was a stipulation by Discovery to host event that temporary stand had to be there to bring capacity up to 7000, but Belle Vue had to pay for it. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The stadium could have held 4000 without it using standing on that bend as they did for 2021. But  it was a stipulation by Discovery to host event that temporary stand had to be there to bring capacity up to 7000, but Belle Vue had to pay for it. 

Yes never thought of that.  So it definitely wasn't needed then.  Ridiculous really. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Yes never thought of that.  So it definitely wasn't needed then.  Ridiculous really. 

Especially with no advertising of the event locally...

Or none that I have seen..

Four meetings in so few days is the main issue...

You could maybe have got 7,000, paying circa £50 in average, for one meeting on Saturday if that was the only meeting...

And with 7,000 being between one third and one quarter of the whole of UK Speedways weekly following, that would have been some achievement .

• Like 1

Say it quietly. 

we finally have a dry day in perfect conditions on the showcase event. 

so if weather is effecting your decision to go. Don’t let it 

should be good tonight 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

I am sure that the pricing structure was in part dictated by Discovery+ and the requirements of putting on the meeting for TV audience which in all fairness is limited because it is not on the main Eurosport channel but a subsidiary. If as reported it has cost the NSS circa £500k to put on these meetings the maths dictates what needs to be charged. A shame really but with no major sponsors underwriting the meeting it is what it is. U K speedway simply cannot afford this type of tournament.

I understand Belle Vue's point that they have to charge a lot to pay for the event, but if they only get 4,000 when they would have got 7,000 if it was £10 cheaper a head, then it hasn't worked out.

If they can guarantee a sell out, by all means make it expensive, but surely they considered the high ticket prices would put many people off?

Ultimately we'll never know which is the best way to go, as every fan will have a different idea on what constitutes "value for money"

• Like 2

Considering the weather for the first three meetings, big plaudits to the track staff for getting the meetings on and producing good racing in most difficult conditions.

A massive congratulations to all of the riders for putting in some excellent efforts and hard aggressive riding.

Hopefully weather will be kind for what should be a great final today.

Finally putting on 28 races in 2 hours 15 mins was extraordinary.

Edited by KIRKYLANE
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Finally putting on 28 races in 2 hours 15 mins was extraordinary.

And that was with 3 crashes too, could have been even quicker 

I caught up on both semis on Friday and they were very enjoyable! No shocks but the racing was good and particularly between the lesser nations who often had more evenly matched riders for a close battle. Fair play to the riders too, particularly on Wednesday, considering the conditions. 

Hopefully Zmarzlik is fit tonight as we all want to see the best in the world ride, but his tumble could play into GB’s hands.