British Speedway Forum

Speedway of Nations 2024

15 minutes ago, mikebv said:

A great experience...

Watching a "proper team sport" with much (pardon the pun), riding on each meeting given the rewards and losses that take place depending on who are successful and who are not..

A real "tribal" atmosphere...

With not a "guest" in sight!!!;)

another thing i noticed was not many old age pensioners there. id say most of crowed under 40. years old. it must be a bit weird for Pawlicki riding in front of 15000, Sunday night then going to Birmingham next day.

Edited by gjcone44
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Looked at tickets available for Final in temporary stand .There are only about 20 seats TAKEN.

As quoted on Belle Vue website for tickets, £85 :rofl:

What an absolute joke :shock:

You reap what you sow :rolleyes:

the FIM and Belle Vue Speedway are responsible for out pricing the event and will make a significant financial loss and it is well deserved for the :icon_smile_clown: :icon_smile_clown: :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

As quoted on Belle Vue website for tickets, £85 :rofl:

What an absolute joke :shock:

You reap what you sow :rolleyes:

the FIM and Belle Vue Speedway are responsible for out pricing the event and will make a significant financial loss and it is well deserved for the :icon_smile_clown: :icon_smile_clown: :icon_smile_clown:

Notice that , don’t think there will be a lot of takers with that price.Any Foreign visitors will already have tickets.

Think they will be offering FREE TRANFERS to that STAND as they did at the previous World 4 Team there.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

If not enough of the seats sold in the temporary stand on turn 3-4 to be cost effective it could scupper any future FIM world championship finals held at Belle Vue…… including individual GP’s.  Just my opinion.

Assuming we're not going back to Cardiff... where else in the UK could a GP be held? And who would stage it? Mr Tolley at the Alexander Stadium?

Mr Tolley, I have some magic beans to sell you!

Edited by iainb

23 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Am I.went on Bellevue ticket site this morning and saw tickets available

ps

there about 90 tickets sold now.

It holds 3000 people I make it 574 sold 

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Notice that , don’t think there will be a lot of takers with that price.Any Foreign visitors will already have tickets.

Think they will be offering FREE TRANFERS to that STAND as they did at the previous World 4 Team there.

I will be hanging around just in case they do...

Got a great upgrade last time..

The camera covering the start line will show a lot of empty seats if they dont move people around, and that will be one of the most used cameras .

Personally, I would have shut the back straight for the semis and let everyone sit in the GS, but I believe the Aces now have a food and drink concession on the South Stand so they wont consider it I would think..

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Assuming we're not going back to Cardiff... where else in the UK could a GP be held? And who would stage it? Mr Tolley at the Alexander Stadium?

Mr Tolley, I have some magic beans to sell you!

What was the Cardiff attendance last year?. Are we assuming Cardiff is a non-starter after this year due to being non-cost effective?,. I’m probably out of touch but I thought Cardiff crowd was around 40,000.

21 minutes ago, CHR2 said:

What was the Cardiff attendance last year?. Are we assuming Cardiff is a non-starter after this year due to being non-cost effective?,. I’m probably out of touch but I thought Cardiff crowd was around 40,000.

Not sure , thought it was around 25,000.

3 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Not sure , thought it was around 25,000.

Pretty poor when one considers Wembley world finals, and yes, I do appreciate times are different. Apart from hating being 76, I am grateful I saw my speedway in the 60’s and 70’s. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, CHR2 said:

2011, 43,640

2012, 38,000

2013, 38,760

2014, 41,800

2015, 40,750

2016, 40,974

2017,  40,800

2018, ?

2019, 33,583

2020 covid

2021 covid

2022, 19,000

2023, 25,000

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CHR2 said:

About 20,000 last year and this year is the last year of a 3 year deal signed by WBD predecessors IMG. I think SoN is a trial run for a SGP 

Edited by iainb
  • Thanks 1