British Speedway Forum

Speedway of Nations 2024

39 minutes ago, iainb said:

Lemo seems to have the biggest decision to make, who do you go for out of an injured Holder, an injured Kurtz with home track knowledge and an up and down Fricke with a lot of BV knowledge? Knowing Lemo it'll probably be a left field decision. 

Neither Holder or Kurtz are injured any longer.

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Neither Holder or Kurtz are injured any longer.

R/R for Jack Holder at Leicester tonight and until a miraculous recovery when threatened with a ban Kurtz was injured and possible out for the season were the reports coming out of Belle Vue. 

20 minutes ago, iainb said:

R/R for Jack Holder at Leicester tonight and until a miraculous recovery when threatened with a ban Kurtz was injured and possible out for the season were the reports coming out of Belle Vue. 

If it was Poland tonight Holder would ride- he will ride Sunday.As for Kurtz he was riding well in Poland while he was injured here.

Edited by racers and royals

Just now, racers and royals said:

If it was Poland tonight Holder would ride- he will ride Sunday.

You'd bet your house on it... Holder is "injured" though... not quite sure what it says on his sick note ;)

As deep as the polish pond is for talent non apart from zmarzlik are hitting any sort of form, kubera has been ok but not spectacular, dudek has been poor by his standards, janowski also has been poor this season, as for pawlicki obviously dobrucki didn’t see pawlicki at number 7 for bham a month ago at belle vue, he was shocking for a rider of his ability and at reserve too , Aussies look strong but horses for courses I would of gone for lidsey and Kurtz with holder at reserve, any other track I wouldn’t of even considered Kurtz and lidsey but around belle vue the are top quality, GB are in with a real shout with lambert, bewley and Brennan, outsiders Germany 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 8:07 AM, racers and royals said:

Can’t confirm 100% yet but it looks as if none of the SON/SON 2 competition over the 4 days is on Eurosport which means it’s all on Discovery +

Looks like this is right. I think they previously have put the earlier rounds on Discovery+ and shown the final on Eurosport but not this time. 

Listings show that Eurosport 1 have highlights of show jumping and Tour de France, Eurosport 2 highlights of World Superbikes and live Climbing World Cup.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

Looks like this is right. I think they previously have put the earlier rounds on Discovery+ and shown the final on Eurosport but not this time. 

Listings show that Eurosport 1 have highlights of show jumping and Tour de France, Eurosport 2 highlights of World Superbikes and live Climbing World Cup.

Amazing, like BBC putting the Euros final on the red button and having a re-run of Mrs Browns Boys on instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, a4poster said:

Out of curiosity the weather forecast for next week in Manchester does not look very favourable.   Does anyone know the contigency  should at least one meeting being cancelled?

1st semi would get run on the Wednesday along with SF 2

SF 2 if off run on the Thursday

Sunday is date for final and SON 2 if either called off( or both i assume)

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Pull balls out of a bag and pocket the cash!

I have not been the the NSS before but have tickets for the final. We will be stopping off in Stockport and catching a bus in. I don't particularly want a burger and chips on-site and wonder if there are any half-decent eateries nearby? Any suggestions appreciated.

11 hours ago, kevin bass said:

I hope my Discovery+ works better than it normally does coz the :angry:few times i have tried to watch stuff on there it keeps buffering and freezing on me:unsure:

Nothing wrong here. What speed is your broadband?  And are there other systems in your home sharing the b/band speed?

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Is it not SF1 gets moved to Wednesday and SF2 moved to Thursday?

12 hours ago, Wobblywheel said:

I have not been the the NSS before but have tickets for the final. We will be stopping off in Stockport and catching a bus in. I don't particularly want a burger and chips on-site and wonder if there are any half-decent eateries nearby? Any suggestions appreciated.

There isnt much around the stadium unless you like curry & kebabs in which case theres plenty in longsight which is where you will get off the 192 bus from stockport. If i were you id eat in stockport then get the bus. I highly recommend stockport produce hall . It has small independant street food style stuff and very good prices