British Speedway Forum

Speedway of Nations 2024

2 minutes ago, chunky said:

I don't always agree with Shov, but he's right about this. You never know what airline prices are going to do, and the fluctuations are crazy. Part of my duty as an office manager is acting as travel agent, and I deal with this constantly.

I work in a Head Office in retail and I can change prices up or down, when I choose, but it is totally different to advertised prices for seats at a sporting event.  Many of these events sell out quickly, it's about knowing your market and Belle Vue sadly over estimated what they had.

Start moving prices for these events and you're opening a can of worms IMO.

1 minute ago, Shockster said:

I work in a Head Office in retail and I can change prices up or down, when I choose, but it is totally different to advertised prices for seats at a sporting event.  Many of these events sell out quickly, it's about knowing your market and Belle Vue sadly over estimated what they had.

Start moving prices for these events and you're opening a can of worms IMO.

As far as sporting events in the UK now, I don't know, but here in the US, many events do not have fixed prices. They fluctuate from day to day, probably according to demand.

Belle Vue & the BSPA will have lost a fortune. 

This event just sucks money at the best of times, But to put it on against Euro24 was never going to work.

The Polish TV company have far to many staff that need to be paid & their costs met. I'd say on the first night there were 800 paying public in the stadium & about 100 discovery sports staff.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2024 at 6:23 AM, Technik said:

This event just sucks money at the best of times, But to put it on against Euro24 was never going to work.

The Polish TV company have far to many staff that need to be paid & their costs met. I'd say on the first night there were 800 paying public in the stadium & about 100 discovery sports staff.

I've been thinking similar this season, the 'production crew' seems to have trebled but the actual product feels like its been significantly diluted.

Perhaps they weren't as visible in the past or were better at going unnoticed but there seems to be someone stood around doing nothing with a WBD shirt on in every shot. 

On 7/21/2024 at 7:23 AM, Technik said:

Agree, but not many other weeks to choose from since the Olympics starts this week.
Event needs to be spread out more, like if the final is in Manchester they qualifying event can be at two other tracks in other parts of the UK so to attract different spectator groups? I also think that SON/SWC needs to be reduced to a biannual event (preferable odd years to avoid clashed with Olympics and Euro/world cup
where SON/SWC alternates = if SON next year,  then next event is SWC in 2027 and then SON in 2029.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 2

I would hope that the event had a different limited liabilty company made up to promote it...

Why will the BSPL have lost a penny?

As much as people will potentially disagree and also state there are few dates to choose from... i also think having Cardiff on the opening day of the premier league will halt a few fans going to it live, bearing in mind the time to travel to Cardiff for a lot of the country. IF people are forced to choose majority will stick with football unless its the die hard Speedway fans.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Not according to the SR’s it didn’t- promoters were Belle Vue Speedway 2017

Wow.... 

14 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Not according to the SR’s it didn’t- promoters were Belle Vue Speedway 2017

If this is correct and it's the normal belle Vue company,  could be a very expensive exercise for someone. 

Had friends staying in holiday Inn express just down the road from belle Vue,  lots of discovery + crew were staying for 10 days !! Who pays for all this discovery or the promoters?

9 hours ago, Neila said:

If this is correct and it's the normal belle Vue company,  could be a very expensive exercise for someone. 

Had friends staying in holiday Inn express just down the road from belle Vue,  lots of discovery + crew were staying for 10 days !! Who pays for all this discovery or the promoters?

Can’t really confirm either way but from knowledge gained over the years Belle Vue would probably only have had to pay for the FIM officials in Manchester for the length of the tournament.