British Speedway Forum

Speedway of Nations 2024

Great effort by Team GB - Bewley and Lambert were excellent and got better as the meeting went on and brought the trophy home !! 

Decent racing and good to see Latvia and Germany competitive in the Final.  Was expecting more from Denmark but they just couldn't get the team right on the night. 

Crowd was as expected - no need for the temporary stand could of saved the cost of that over the week and as for food and drink - it is always a tedious with a larger capacity - like SoN or British Final etc ... Let's see if that meeting will be enough to convince WSD to offer a SGP. 

• Like 1

With BV more than likely sustaining a large financial loss, Poland and Denmark finishing nowhere, Australia being 12,000 miles away it'll be interesting to see where the SoN will be staged in 2025? Sweden? Germany? Saudi Arabia?

Edited by iainb

4 hours ago, Colinspeedway said:

And Lambert.... 

Yes, he was only beaten once, definitely the star of the night.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, iainb said:

With BV more than likely sustaining a large financial loss, Poland and Denmark finishing nowhere, Australia being 12,000 miles away it'll be interesting to see where the SoN will be staged in 2025? Sweden? Germany? Saudi Arabia?

think it's Sweden's turn, but with the costs involved it'll probably be Poland

27 minutes ago, stevehone said:

think it's Sweden's turn, but with the costs involved it'll probably be Poland

I don't think it's a turns thing though is it? Isn't it whoever bids for it? Sweden haven't hosted SWC since 2012! Well Poland wasn't to host a competition they don't seem to be able to win?

15 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I didn't know you could just walk into business class and take a seat.

Sorry for the silly remark just being sarcastic about the original remark about buying cheap seats then moving to another seat....ie sitting on a booked seat on a train then being asked to move buy the purchaser.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, iainb said:

And remember what happened with Denmark in 2022, should have been in Esbjerg and due to the high costs involved to them and presumably low ticket sales they abandoned it and had to be moved to Vojens at very short notice and they had low crowds too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

And remember what happened with Denmark in 2022, should have been in Esbjerg and due to the high costs involved to them and presumably low ticket sales they abandoned it and had to be moved to Vojens at very short notice and they had low crowds too. 

IMO, you will get low crowds where you have it if you are persistent of having all races at the same venue.

On 7/16/2024 at 9:40 PM, iainb said:

torun i hear it will be at next season

On 7/13/2024 at 10:02 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Of course they can. They can charge what they like when they like. No different from buying a plane flight ticket, which varies every time you log on and look. My mate paid £245 and a week later I got the seat next to him for £85. Way it goes.

Rubbish and airlines are not advertised sporting events.  If they did that, then they'd never get early sales as folk would wait for the reductions. 

14 minutes ago, Shockster said:

If they did that, then they'd never get early sales as folk would wait for the reductions. 

I don't always agree with Shov, but he's right about this. You never know what airline prices are going to do, and the fluctuations are crazy. Part of my duty as an office manager is acting as travel agent, and I deal with this constantly.