British Speedway Forum

Speedway of Nations 2024

3 minutes ago, DJC said:

Doesn't look like they've had covers down from various social media posts from there. 

It was a nice day in Manchester area on Monday. Covers I would expect to be off. Today is different day. Not pelting down, but drizzly and damp. Possibly ok, depends what the rest of the day does.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

It was a nice day in Manchester area on Monday. Covers I would expect to be off. Today is different day. Not pelting down, but drizzly and damp. Possibly ok, depends what the rest of the day does.

Hopefully. Would like to think Phil has enough experience of UK weather to have at least brought some with him in case it takes a turn for the worse.

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Obvious question I know, but..... You are subscribing to Discovery+ ???  You are up to date with subscription?  You not changed your TV (and it needs setting up).

I just gone onto Discovery+, getting the same screen (now on 10:05:08). But not getting the message you getting at the bottom. I'm ready to go!

I had the same message before the last GP but about 5mins before it diappeared ,I would also turn the tv off and on again think you will be ok

3 hours ago, 1stbendharry said:

Hi I am getting this message on Discovery plus never normally have a issue do I need to pay for this week? 

Screenshot_20240709-074453_WhatsApp.jpg

I can't be 100% sure,but I think I had the same if not similar message before the last Gp.It came on though at the start time,so maybe it comes up with that message because you have got the Discovery+ channel on too early.I get Discovery+ with my Sky package.

So practise is off :o

Why is no one looking at the forecast for the rest of the day, waiting for divine intervention :rofl:

So many meetings called due to impending weather 2 days in advance !

No news about the biggest meeting this year at The National Speedway Stadium and no doubt when its too late for travellers :angry:

14 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Practice is OFF.

No surprise there, there's now forecast to be a weather window until big rain is due to hit at around 21:30 to 22:00, let's hope there's no faffing about!

On 7/8/2024 at 9:52 AM, BluTiger said:

So Eurosport is not showing the SON final. It seems that the Climbing World Cup and Show Jumping are much more important...

so much for eurosport, and discovery +   big promotion push begining of season,,,its a joke  ,nothing on eurosport  tv  guide ,and   on discovery + tonight it shows  last weeks oxford match  ,the only people who will see speedway on tv  are speedway fans who pay just to watch there sport,,  the general puplic  see sport on  itv,sky,tnt.   and if you want highlights its hidden  away at midnight on quest,,, so  people who have eurosport as part of there package  ,wont even know its on this week,, tv as done nothing for speedway only show small crowds on wet monday night when nobody wants to go out,,  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mickyp said:

so much for eurosport, and discovery +   big promotion push begining of season,,,its a joke  ,nothing on eurosport  tv  guide ,and   on discovery + tonight it shows  last weeks oxford match  ,the only people who will see speedway on tv  are speedway fans who pay just to watch there sport,,  the general puplic  see sport on  itv,sky,tnt.   and if you want highlights its hidden  away at midnight on quest,,, so  people who have eurosport as part of there package  ,wont even know its on this week,, tv as done nothing for speedway only show small crowds on wet monday night when nobody wants to go out,,  

Would there perhaps be a Polish  / German feed that we could pick up perhaps....as an alternative viewing platform????

Anyone in the know?...Thanks!

59 minutes ago, mickyp said:

What are you on about !!! Every match this week 4 in total are LIVE on Discovery + and tonight it comes on air at 6.45pm 15mins before tapes up.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mickyp said:

Don’t know what pills you on but SON is on tonight, tomorrow night, Friday night and Saturday night. All on Discovery+

If you not on Discovery+ do what someone else on here has done….. joined Discovery+ at £6.99 for a month and cancel your subscription if you want in accordance with Discovery+ terms.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mickyp said:

Open the Discovery+ app. Select 'sports' then 'all sports.' Scroll down to 'Speedway,' which will take you to upcoming live fixtures including all four SON events this week.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Would serve the FIM right if this was rained off.

Russia's exclusion from this event is a disgrace.

Emils not a bad rider but the other is a one hit wonder who doesn’t like British tracks.

12 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Don’t know what pills you on but SON is on tonight, tomorrow night, Friday night and Saturday night. All on Discovery+

If you not on Discovery+ do what someone else on here has done….. joined Discovery+ at £6.99 for a month and cancel your subscription if you want in accordance with Discovery+ terms.

13 minutes ago, tocha said:

Open the Discovery+ app. Select 'sports' then 'all sports.' Scroll down to 'Speedway,' which will take you to upcoming live fixtures including all four SON events this week.

Absolutely correct on mine too!

Likely to be off now i reckon but lets see

I have a full sky sports package plus tnt included ive done everything to get discovery+ to work with no result it wants money from me last year I had no problem I had it don't know why it's changed 

1 minute ago, Waspman said:

I have a full sky sports package plus tnt included ive done everything to get discovery+ to work with no result it wants money from me last year I had no problem I had it don't know why it's changed 

Sky Q box ? Discovery + has to be activated through SKY marketplace

I think some of the points made on here regarding the T V coverage are valid when it comes to considering the wider audience not just the current crop of speedway supporters who know where to find the sport. If it were on the main Eurosport channel or Sky it is more likely to pick up the channel hoppers whereas on Discovery that is unlikely. On the other side, I think I read in SS that £500k was the level of investment needed by the NSS to put on the speedway of nations and with sort of money at stake I would want the widest possible t v audience and not hidden away on something like Discovery. Let’s hope it is a success for all concerned.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

What are you on about !!! Every match this week 4 in total are LIVE on Discovery + and tonight it comes on air at 6.45pm 15mins before tapes up.

i never said it was,nt on  discovery +  it just don,t show it on there tv guide.  which is confusing.