British Speedway Forum

R.I.P. John Hyam/Gustix/Speedyguy/Jack Keen

chunky

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Wasn't Old Don and Kenny Lane also aliases ?

He used Old Don on the London Speedways proboards site. Along with John Hyam, there were contributions from Jack Keen of Erith, Olddon, Gustix and Mrs. Gustix, who we were assured was posting in her own right. The purpose was to make the site look busy during quiet times.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BL65 said:

He used Old Don on the London Speedways proboards site. Along with John Hyam, there were contributions from Jack Keen of Erith, Olddon, Gustix and Mrs. Gustix, who we were assured was posting in her own right. The purpose was to make the site look busy during quiet times.

Yipes does this mean: Chris Harris, Christopher Harris, C Harris, 'Bomber' Harris,  Chris Harris (G), C Harris (GBR), C Harris (Capt), & C Harris (R/R),  that I read in last week's Speedway Star is the same person? :(

5 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Yipes does this mean: Chris Harris, Christopher Harris, C Harris, 'Bomber' Harris,  Chris Harris (G), C Harris (GBR), C Harris (Capt), & C Harris (R/R),  that I read in last week's Speedway Star is the same person? :(

And Chris Harris (E/F)?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, BL65 said:

You know, that was something that used to annoy me with John (yes, ONE thing)! If there were no comments on the 'Years Gone By' thread for two or three days, he would always email me and tell me how people had "lost interest" in the BSF. At the same time, he would tell me how great 'Speedwayplus' was, even though the site could go a month or two with no comments!

45 minutes ago, BOBBATH said:

I thought Angus Kix was one of Eric Linden's names?

It was, and nobody said anything to the contrary. You must have just misread something.

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Gusty and friends. It really is very sad news, My thoughts are with John’s family at this sad time. 

Keep posting Gusty and give us all a shock eh !  

bit late with this post, been away for a couple of weeks or so.

• 9 months later...
7 hours ago, BOBBATH said:

BTW, who was Frank Drake who used to report on the Exeter meetings.I never realised that this was a joke based on Sir Francis Drake- don't tell me that was Eric Linden also

Edinburgh had "Jack Anderson" who was in fact John Gibson of the Edinburgh Evening News. He used the non de plume as he didn't always go to the meetings but constructed reports from a filled in programme.