British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2024

17 hours ago, Ben91 said:

No doubt each club’s biggest happy clapper will be appointed to these roles. 

"We have had our first meeting and it was brilliant. It was great to hear from every tracks' delegates that the sport is superbly led, and that each meeting they attend is truly an amazing event that simply couldn't be improved, and provides incredible value for money"...

"It was noted though that all the delegates clearly felt that more guests were needed to add more credibility to the league, so that is something we can definitely look at improving"..

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Ben91 said:

No doubt each club’s biggest happy clapper will be appointed to these roles. 

Phil Morris, will not be prepared to allow clubs "yes people" to continue for very long as a Voice representative if all they do is say "everything is great at my club" nor will he tolerate folk who see this as a forum to moan, complain about everything being rotten to the core as far as Premiership speedway is concerned. He will be looking to work with representatives who take a balanced view to the current situation and can provide feedback on current topics and potential additional concepts for the near and far future. This is a great idea and should be applauded not shot at. 

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Phil Morris, will not be prepared to allow clubs "yes people" to continue for very long as a Voice representative if all they do is say "everything is great at my club" nor will he tolerate folk who see this as a forum to moan, complain about everything being rotten to the core as far as Premiership speedway is concerned. He will be looking to work with representatives who take a balanced view to the current situation and can provide feedback on current topics and potential additional concepts for the near and far future. This is a great idea and should be applauded not shot at. 

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Things are bad at the moment, “balanced” opinions reflect that. It isn’t negativity, it’s reality sadly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

Well said & on that basis which role are you putting your hand up for?

On 11/17/2023 at 11:13 PM, szkocjasid said:

If you look at the averages of the best 7 "riding stars" they are fair aves for reserves imo, so shows the quality is there to continue with the RS system imo. If they all averaged below 3.00, I'd agree the system doesn't work in the Prem.

J.Jenkins (4.21)

D.Kemp (4.04)

L.Flint (4.00)

A.Rowe (3.76)

D.Thompson (3.70)

D.Gilkes (3.67)

C.Bailey (3.57)

Biggest flaw this year was clubs not using the best options, so a couple of riders may have been out of their depth.

Even if there's injuries, still riders like Jack Thomas, Jason Edwards, Henry Atkins & Ashton Boughen waiting in the wings.

Getting off topic now,

So for Leicester, I'd go with Kemp as my RS.

Leicester will first chance to retain Drew Kemp. All BPL teams are allowed to retain their 2023 rider if they and the rider wishes do they not?

1 hour ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Leicester will first chance to retain Drew Kemp. All BPL teams are allowed to retain their 2023 rider if they and the rider wishes do they not?

Think the club that holds the rider registration has first call. If not offering a place then I believe you are correct

Having said that it is pretty much a free for all whatever the rules - politics and finance override the regs......

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Think the club that holds the rider registration has first call. If not offering a place then I believe you are correct

Having said that it is pretty much a free for all whatever the rules - politics and finance override the regs......

Incorrect. That is the case in all poistion baring rising star.

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2023 at 12:37 PM, speedwayfan8 said:

'The club will be launching a new logo for the 2024 season, and this will be on show for the first time at the Open Day.'

They are looking to sell season tickets at the Open Day and it might occur to the management that fans would be more interested in seeing who new riders are rather than what the new logo looks like. My contacts in the know have advised me that the new logo will almost certainly be ……a Lion!

18 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

They are looking to sell season tickets at the Open Day and it might occur to the management that fans would be more interested in seeing who new riders are rather than what the new logo looks like. My contacts in the know have advised me that the new logo will almost certainly be ……a Lion!

Would be embarrassing if it was a tiger!

Edited by FishersGate
Spelling

10 hours ago, Gambo said:

Having seen the progress Ashton has made through 2023, I would personally not be disappointed to see him as a RS.

If my understanding is correct Ashton will be at Oxford as their rising star. 

• Like 1