British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2024

100% keep Becker, Struggling this season but he's got a bright future ahead of him and it's a long term project, As Arteta would say.....Trust the process, If it goes South then at least you can sign him up again next season on a bargain average.

Masters on the other hand isn't worth keeping, He was protected by the Monmore Green circuit for a good few years that made him look a lot better than what he actually is.

As for Kemp I don't know why he was signed in the first place, Drew has been a tried and tested No.6 in a much weaker Premiership before and he couldn't hack it so he was never going to be cut out for the job in a much stronger Premiership this season.

Masters and Kemp out for Kerr and one other is the changes I would make.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TTT said:

Fricke's place must surely be under question 5.71 away average is just not acceptable for a No 1 of his age and experience and it'll be even less than that after last nights performance

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, iainb said:

Fricke's place must surely be under question 5.71 away average is just not acceptable for a No 1 of his age and experience and it'll be even less than that after last nights performance

He's been a massive disappointment since Day 1 imo, Happened last season as well with one too many off nights.

Problem is Max is bulletproof when it comes to getting sacked by Leicester because riders of his stature don't want to ride over here or if they do want to ride then they're asking for a crazy money.

Really don't know what I would do if I was Stewart, team on paper is excellent but the consistency is terrible. Fricke is up n down like a yo yo, same can be said with masters, becker and kemp. The only riders I think are doing well are Douglas and Lawson. The problem was never going to be solved with a switch at 7. The issues have been Kemp riding like a RS plus some crap performances from the senior riders. I can't see Becker being dropped because I know the owners are good mates with him, Stewart has been wanting Masters in his teams for years and who else would replace Fricke? I'd make a chance at 6 if possible. But again, is he going to drop a rider that he also works with at Berwick? Can't see that happening . 

2 hours ago, TTT said:

100% keep Becker, Struggling this season but he's got a bright future ahead of him and it's a long term project, As Arteta would say.....Trust the process, If it goes South then at least you can sign him up again next season on a bargain average.

Masters on the other hand isn't worth keeping, He was protected by the Monmore Green circuit for a good few years that made him look a lot better than what he actually is.

As for Kemp I don't know why he was signed in the first place, Drew has been a tried and tested No.6 in a much weaker Premiership before and he couldn't hack it so he was never going to be cut out for the job in a much stronger Premiership this season.

Kemp was a 4 point rider signed on a 3 point average, so was a very shrewd signing imo. He's actually averaging 4.27 this year, so has put a point on his starting average.

As the team isn't working out, he'd be the one I'd drop to strengthen up the bottom end. But don't feel he's been as bad as some make out.

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Kemp was a 4 point rider signed on a 3 point average, so was a very shrewd signing imo. He's actually averaging 4.27 this year, so has put a point on his starting average.

As the team isn't working out, he'd be the one I'd drop to strengthen up the bottom end. But don't feel he's been as bad as some make out.

2 points around Sheffield, hardly a "trick track" only beating Jake Mulford is just not acceptable for somebody in his 8th season of racing

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

2 points around Sheffield, hardly a "trick track" only beating Jake Mulford is just not acceptable for somebody in his 8th season of racing

I agree that was a poor performance, but as he's a 4 point rider can expect that from time to time.

Had he been at Ipswich instead of Jenkins, I'm sure he'd be under no pressure & had Jenkins been at Leicester, he'd be under threat of being dropped.

I would drop Kemp to strengthen at reserve, but I wouldn't be desperate to get rid of him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TTT said:

He's been a massive disappointment since Day 1 imo, Happened last season as well with one too many off nights.

Problem is Max is bulletproof when it comes to getting sacked by Leicester because riders of his stature don't want to ride over here or if they do want to ride then they're asking for a crazy money.

Pocket Money for Fricke always has been.He’s not the only one though.Poland is what it is about for most.

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Pocket Money for Fricke always has been.He’s not the only one though.Poland is what it is about for most.

How's he been doing in Poland, do you know?

36 minutes ago, iainb said:

How's he been doing in Poland, do you know?

6th in Ekstraliga Aves above: Madsen, Bewley, Kubera, Vaculik, Sayfutdinov, Holder J, Lindgren

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, arnieg said:

6th in Ekstraliga Aves above: Madsen, Bewley, Kubera, Vaculik, Sayfutdinov, Holder J, Lindgren

Wow!

Wow..Fricke is class quality in Poland against a far greater standard struggling a little at present agree but class is permanent form is temporary. Whilst season is short still think top 5 good as many other teams. Be careful what some wish for start changing team rem last Season became a wash out…

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cross Roads said:

Wow..Fricke is class quality in Poland against a far greater standard struggling a little at present agree but class is permanent form is temporary. Whilst season is short still think top 5 good as many other teams. Be careful what some wish for start changing team rem last Season became a wash out…

Think these guys know their Team Place is pretty safe in GB

Wow, thought Dickson would have learned from previous seasons re Cook.  He’s had one good meeting for Oxford at Sheffield (dodgy filters and all), next thing he’ll be signing Batchelor 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scraps again... Oxford must have decided to have Kerr back, so we'll pick up the left overs... again

The website says he was signed 72 hours ago, I bet after Cook's performance last night Stewart Dickson must be searching around for his receipt today. 

A heat leader is needed, anything else is just tinkering around at the edges

Edited by iainb
  • Like 4