British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2024

25 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

That's correct but nowhere was I given a chance to prove my in a job I've for 9 years previous 

I know I could do the job but as I was being honest in a PRIVATE MESSAGE Which she has now brought out into the public domain maybe I should spout off too just like she has 

In the words of the song, "Let it Go".  If you can't, please keep it off this public forum because it is between you and them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Well, I don't think you should be bringing private quotes into the public domain... unless I've missed these quotes being made in the public arena

Yeah exactly. If it is a private letter should stay that way imo. If I wrote a letter to anyone I wouldn't expect to find it quoted on a forum without my permission. Same with PMs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, davieb1 said:

Sorry I promised her I wouldn't spill the beans and I'm a man of my word

so you will just make others guess potentially worse by a 'I know something you dont know and Im not telling you' post?

30 minutes ago, Lioness said:

so you will just make others guess potentially worse by a 'I know something you dont know and Im not telling you' post?

Precisely. It’s not as if this person who has had this accusation thrown against her name is anonymous, she’s been named! So that poster has then left people to speculate why she’s not a nice person. And then you get some on here with the audacity to question a right of reply on here and told it should have been kept off the forum! What about the original spiteful guff from “davieb1”? That’s ok, but dare to reply and that’s out of order and should have been a PM? Unbelievable. 

W9 Lion clearly knows why this poster is disgruntled, and has every right to put the record straight on this forum after the initial remark was also made on this public forum. 

Edited by Aries
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Aries said:

Precisely. It’s not as if this person who has had this accusation thrown against her name is anonymous, she’s been named! So that poster has then left people to speculate why she’s not a nice person. And then you get some on here with the audacity to question a right of reply on here and told it should have been kept off the forum! What about the original spiteful guff from “davieb1”? That’s ok, but dare to reply and that’s out of order and should have been a PM? Unbelievable. 

W9 Lion clearly knows why this poster is disgruntled, and has every right to put the record straight on this forum after the initial remark was also made on this public forum. 

Reply by all means but I don't think you should be quoting people if they've said something in a private environment and publicising their personal medical conditions, if they've said it on FB or some other public forum, fair enough it's fair game. @W9 Lion clearly holds a position at the club, it would probably have been wiser for the club to have made an official statement if they wanted to address this situation rather than airing their dirty tittle tattle in public

Edited by iainb

I dont know...

Some people on here, as usual, being quick to put the proverbial boot in..

Have any of you risked your lives stewarding for our entertainment?

Thought not...

And. If they don't have a good night stewarding they don't get a free brew and a burger...

Or something like that...

What is the Lions' Stewards Line Up this season? 

Not seen it anywhere...

No wonder this sport is dying on its arse,....

They should bring back black leathers and monkey masks...

And boiler suits and sawdust, etc etc etc, dribble, dribble...

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 2

Popped in to watch a bit of practice... first thing I'm greeted with under the new regime is Lake Leicester covering the whole of the entrance to the stadium like a moat! Would it have really hurt for somebody to have brushed it all away? There was a big top circus camped next door and some of their punters may have been tempted to have a look at what all of the noise was about... but they'd have to have pole vaulted over it... I really do despair sometimes, same old speedway, smh.

Perhaps that was @davieb1 's job :D

Other than that, good to see, hear and smell the bikes again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Popped in to watch a bit of practice... first thing I'm greeted with under the new regime is Lake Leicester covering the whole of the entrance to the stadium like a moat! Would it have really hurt for somebody to have brushed it all away? There was a big top circus camped next door and some of their punters may have been tempted to have a look at what all of the noise was about... but they'd have to have pole vaulted over it... I really do despair sometimes, same old speedway, smh.

Which circus did they go to lol

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, iainb said:

The water was brushed away a number of time throughout the day. The enterence to the stadium is lower than the land around it so once brushed or even pumped away water leaches out of the soil and returns to the lowest point.

37 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

The water was brushed away a number of time throughout the day. The enterence to the stadium is lower than the land around it so once brushed or even pumped away water leaches out of the soil and returns to the lowest point.

Not at 6:30 when the gates were opened to the public though. I'm afraid when you open things to the public these are the little things that need thinking about and addressing

Edited by iainb

17 hours ago, iainb said:

I came across Neil Machin once just outside the gate, working hard with a sweeping brush to clear a giant puddle. But the water just ran back again. Probably needs some drainage work to resolve properly, which would be down to the landlord Mr Hemsley to carry out! However, during his days as promoter, DH would probably have commandeered several stewards (and maybe a couple of riders!) to get out there with brooms!

On 3/12/2024 at 10:55 AM, W9 Lion said:

No, its a public response to clarify the clubs position.

Who are you to “clarify the clubs position” ? All you are is a jumped up commercial manager who clearly thinks he represents the club on every aspect now .

Steward staffing has nothing to do you. Maybe let the club clarify their position if it needs to be clarified publicly. 

People’s private messages should stay private not released into the public. I believe you have crossed the line .

On 3/11/2024 at 8:29 PM, therefused said:

Why post such cryptic comments? If you know something just post it 

I'd also question the need to include the word "female". Would Stewart Dickson be called "male promoter"? Dodgy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Leicester replaced Joe Thompson with Sam Hagon

Poor decision. 

I don't know if JT has asked to be stood down but surely the club could have maybe done more to help him turn his form around? Binning him off is very much the easy option and for what? Replacing him for a rider of similar calibre who won't get around BP as well as JT does. 

I thought the idea of the rising star system was that they were protected, this change makes no sense, drop a club asset, the captain of the cubs and bring in an outsider, doesn't send out a great message and it's not made Lions into title contenders all of a sudden. 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

Whilst seems harsh this is the right decision for the rider and club in my opinion. The kid is struggling and confidence is huge for any sports person. Re group lower league and come back stronger. This is a results game and time is tight in this league. Believe 1- 5 when all fire is as good as any team and will come good.

Comments on other groups around track. I’ve commented many times over years shape was wrong from day one. Drop temp stands make bends wider and racing improves how many times do you see a rider nearly hit air fence exiting bend 4…that said  never going to happen so track prep will be only way forward to give some level of entertainment.

Sound like a broken record yet again intro worst in league why can’t we have old days bikes at start line introduce riders then a few practice laps… costs nothing..

Any way see you at Oxford Monday…