British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2024

On 3/7/2024 at 1:42 PM, SJA said:

Congratulations on Leicester on appointing a new female Co Promoter. I understand that she has basically been running the club for a number of years behind the scenes. We need more women represented at the top of the sport. I can only think of Debbie Hancock in the past and Julie Reading at Sheffield. 

Alice Hart at Belle Vue

Magda Louis at Ipswich.

Edited by Sotonian

7 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

If this is what you think good luck to you with you're false news 

Well done on you

Well whatever information you've got, as you said your not going to spill so our opinions of Jen aren't going to change. Everytime I've seen her she's been helpful and friendly to me and my dad , the mysterious posts from yourself aren't extactly going to helping anyone so I'd either just say what you really want to say or nothing at all..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, davieb1 said:

Not happening 

I won't be there this year due to our wonderful female co promoter if its the one I'm talking about 

As an alternative you could always stream the meetings on Lions TV

• Like 1

14 hours ago, davieb1 said:

If you knew what I know about our female boss you wouldn't like her much 

And I've promised not to spill the beans 

So I wont

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, davieb1 said:

If this is what you think good luck to you with you're false news 

Well done on you

Dave I was sorry to hear about your condition that means you "are not sure how long I can stand for when needed, maybe 5 mins or 30 mins" as per your message to the General Manager on 7th March 2024. Being able to stand for a long time is a key atribute of a safety steward. As you put it later in the same message "I'm giving you a get out quick clause I won't complain if I don't get a job".

Could we please hold you to your latter statement?

2 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Dave I was sorry to hear about your condition that means you "are not sure how long I can stand for when needed, maybe 5 mins or 30 mins" as per your message to the General Manager on 7th March 2024. Being able to stand for a long time is a key atribute of a safety steward. As you put it later in the same message "I'm giving you a get out quick clause I won't complain if I don't get a job".

Could we please hold you to your latter statement?

Shouldn't this have been a PM?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

Shouldn't this have been a PM?

No, its a public response to clarify the clubs position.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

No, its a public response to clarify the clubs position.

Well, I don't think you should be bringing private quotes into the public domain, especially publicising somebody's medical conditions... unless I've missed these quotes being made in the public arena

Edited by iainb

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

Well, I don't think you should be bringing private quotes into the public domain... unless I've missed these quotes being made in the public arena

Disagree with you entirely here. 

If you knew what I know about our female boss you wouldn't like her much 

And I've promised not to spill the beans”

If you’re going to spout this sh!t about someone on a public forum then the right of reply on the same forum is fair game. 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

Where does it say I've said anything against you ?

Let me help you out here

NOWHERE

16 hours ago when you posted "If you knew what I know about our female boss you wouldn't like her much"

9 minutes ago, Aries said:

Disagree with you entirely here. 

If you knew what I know about our female boss you wouldn't like her much 

And I've promised not to spill the beans”

If you’re going to spout this sh!t about someone on a public forum then the right of reply on the same forum is fair game. 

He's not posted any 5h1t though, just said he's not a fan. I don't think you should be bringing personal quotes from private conversations/ correspondence into the public arena

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure this is bloke who was spouting off on Facebook regarding becoming a steward and didn't receive a response from the club (Jen). Its all on Facebook I think or was. 

In other more important news the Lions riding order has been revealed .

Clearly Stewart thinks I am a genius and puts Douglas at 5 like I said he should!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

I'm pretty sure this is bloke who was spouting off on Facebook regarding becoming a steward and didn't receive a response from the club (Jen). Its all on Facebook I think or was. 

In other more important news the Lions riding order has been revealed .

Clearly Stewart thinks I am a genius and puts Douglas at 5 like I said he should!

I'm not on FB so didn't know.

Looking forward to seeing the new race suits, hope they're an  improvement on recent previous seasons. 

• Like 1