British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2024

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

On paper, I agree, Lions have just not shown any form on the road this season though, I think it could actually be quite close

It could be close,i would like to think Lynn could get their 4th win of the season though.

13 minutes ago, TTT said:

You need to sign Lewi Kerr for Craig Cook if you've got enough points left to play with.

I'd rather have club asset, Connor Mountain 

On 6/29/2024 at 7:55 PM, TTT said:

You need to sign Lewi Kerr for Craig Cook if you've got enough points left to play with.

On 6/29/2024 at 8:09 PM, iainb said:

I'd rather have club asset, Connor Mountain 

After another good performance for Workington, I wouldn't rush into dropping Cook yet. If he comes good, he's better than Kerr & Mountain.

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

After another good performance for Workington, I wouldn't rush into dropping Cook yet. If he comes good, he's better than Kerr & Mountain.

Nah... Unfortunately I think he's finished at PL level

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

As explained to crowd last night by Stewart she was due to be induced twice as needs a C section but has been cancelled twice so fingers crossed baby should be born by Tuesday.

Drew Kemp is guesting on Monday at Birmingham and he is looking forward to riding for Leicester again 

I have attended 32 meetings in the UK so far this season. The racing has been mixed as you would expect. One thing I have noticed is the amount of meetings that start later than advertised. Often it appears for no reason. As someone who attends meeting on public transport this is an important factor to me. However whenever I attend a Leicester meeting, 3 times so far, 2 x Lions and a Cubs meeting they start on time.  That is the first race at the publicised start time, the parade, minutes applause etc. happens before this. I don't know who is responsible for the timing, but they should be congratulated for their professionalism & doing a good job.

• Like 5

On 8/9/2024 at 11:22 AM, 4BM said:

Where was Craig Cook last night surely can’t be using the ‘wife is due’ card still or has he got a 28 day ban that we’ve not been told about? 

Baby sitting while is wife’s at work

12 hours ago, SJA said:

I have attended 32 meetings in the UK so far this season. The racing has been mixed as you would expect. One thing I have noticed is the amount of meetings that start later than advertised. Often it appears for no reason. As someone who attends meeting on public transport this is an important factor to me. However whenever I attend a Leicester meeting, 3 times so far, 2 x Lions and a Cubs meeting they start on time.  That is the first race at the publicised start time, the parade, minutes applause etc. happens before this. I don't know who is responsible for the timing, but they should be congratulated for their professionalism & doing a good job.

Always good to read positive comments. Starting on time is one thing, but completing a meeting in a reasonable time frame is another. Leicester have been poor on this front in the past but things do appear to have improved, particularly when meetings are televised or streamed.

• Like 1

The business end of the season is approaching. Never thought I would be saying this but I don’t think anyone will fancy facing the Lions, who on recent form have proved that they can outscore anyone over two legs. Whilst we do not have guaranteed points in heats 13 & 15, the top five are looking pretty solid. We are frequently outscored at reserve, but I think if Cook can pick up where he left off, the Lions have a chance of being top dogs. Cookies performance will be key and if he can maintain or hit just above his current average, we could probably carry Hagon and treat his points as a bonus. This all of course assumes that the team will not be hit any injuries.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Always good to read positive comments. Starting on time is one thing, but completing a meeting in a reasonable time frame is another. Leicester have been poor on this front in the past but things do appear to have improved, particularly when meetings are televised or streamed.

I thought all Lions meetings were on WBD or streamed on Lions TV?

Edited by SJA

On 8/12/2024 at 10:38 AM, SJA said:

We do have the luxury of an excellent clerk of the course at Leicester who keeps everything ticking over very well. The track crew also work well as a team on the odd ocassion that air fence panels have needed replacing.  It's been the same all season and I count us as very lucky to have such people offering their servies at Leicester.  It's probably been recognised by the speedway hierachy, as all of the Leicester crew oficiate at the Cardiff grand prix along with a few others from different tracks.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2024 at 2:25 PM, PowerfulPierre said:

We do have the luxury of an excellent clerk of the course at Leicester who keeps everything ticking over very well. The track crew also work well as a team on the odd ocassion that air fence panels have needed replacing.  It's been the same all season and I count us as very lucky to have such people offering their servies at Leicester.  It's probably been recognised by the speedway hierachy, as all of the Leicester crew oficiate at the Cardiff grand prix along with a few others from different tracks.

Buster could learn a lot from them.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

What a season! Whatever happens from here on in, it's been up there with 2019!

It started a bit shaky with nobody except for Richard Lawson being able to string 2 decent matches together. Personally, I would have gotten rid of either Masters or Becker mid-season, but that's why I'm a keyboard warrior, and Stewart Dickson is a team manager :D

The turning point seemed to come after that appalling display at Ipswich in June

Stewart Dickson has proved to be the best thing that has happened for Leicester Speedway and long may that continue. 

Up the Lions!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 6